Xiaomi Humidifier support

There should be an attribute already (if it’s supported of your device). You should setup a sensor template plus some automation.

Here are attirbutes of CA1:

speed: Auto
speed_list: Silent,Medium,High,Auto
model: zhimi.humidifier.ca1
temperature: 20.7
humidity: 58
mode: auto
buzzer: false
child_lock: false
target_humidity: 70
led_brightness: 1
use_time: 3948045
hardware_version: 0001
motor_speed: 780
depth: 109
dry: false
friendly_name: Xiaomi Air Humidifier
supported_features: 1

Could it be depth?

Looke like 106 is 88%…Wil see in an hour how this changes.

Hi @Oliviakrk,

It is really depth. For some unknown reason full tank is 120. Sometimes it gets stuck or even increases, especially some time after the humidifier is stopped. Looks like some water gets stuck between the water level gauge and the wall. But anyway, value/1.2 gives a good estimate in percent.

1 Like

Cool. Thanks :). I will do some automation on it.

How about drying mode? What exactly is that?

Thats what it would do when the sensors were working.

I finally got around to trying to figure this out. I tried a few times in the past but I was so frustrated that I gave up. I did end up getting my money back but I still have the humidifier. It works, just no sensor information for water level. So I will try your suggestion and see if there is a wire that may be shorted.

Tried to get the case open but its impossible without breaking the outer shell. Not much I can do unless someone else can inform me on how to open the case on this humidifier.

It is for drying the humidifier (probably to facilitate maintenance). If working humidifier runs out of water and dry mode is on then it will continue to operate for 8 hours so that it becomes dry inside.
It will just stop if dry mode is off.
But this is true for running humidifier only. You cannot start it if no water is present in the tank.

1 Like

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Which model you have? CA1? It is working fine for CA1

Yes CA1. It was working the first few weeks I had it but then all of a sudden stopped. The water level always shows 100% and if you take the top part off it should shut off when running, it doesnt and stays on. So that tells me the sensor or connector is bad/shorted/etc.

Have you tried to remove it from Mi Home, reset and then re add to mi home?

I had the opposite situation. Mine was showing that the cover was always off (even when cover was on). After reset it is working again.

yes, many times which then also makes me have to get the new token. No dice. I even had a few version updates on the humidifier since then and no change. This seems like the contact isnt working on the top.

I have the Xiaomi Smartmi Evaporative Humidifier 2. Can anyone tell me if this is the same as zhimi.humidifier.ca1? I believe it’s a different version but don’t know how to find out.

Also, I was able to follow the instructions to get the token, but HA doesn’t recognize the humidifier, or is not adding it. Not sure how to troubleshoot this?

EDIT: it just showed up maybe an hour after letting it set. Not sure what happened, but have full control now.

looking at buying this one, is it supported?

XIAOMI MIJIA SMARTMI Evaporative Humidifier 2

Or would you recommend just using an esp8266 / smart switch to control a dumb humidifier and just use the xiaomi temperature/humidity zigbee module?

That model seems to be zhimi.humidifier.ca1 and it is supported.

I have bought the zhimi.humidifier.ca1 and I got it working.
The problem that I have is that I cannot change anything else in HA except the humidifyer speed. I would like to change the target humidity also.
Is that currently possible in some way?
(EDIT: ah, of course it can be done modifying the states, but is there a way to add the modification option to the card?)

In my configuration.yaml I have following:

fan:
  - platform: xiaomi_miio
    name: Kostuttaja
    host: HOST-IP
    token: TOKEN
    model: zhimi.humidifier.ca1

and in HA it looks like this:
So the only option that I can control is the speed.

Hi @syssi , I’ve got this Air Humidifier, is it supported?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000056420604.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000060.3.2fef378fC5x9ty&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller&scm=1007.13339.146401.0&scm_id=1007.13339.146401.0&scm-url=1007.13339.146401.0&pvid=06124116-37bb-491e-b44f-8d1a5021f304

2 Likes

Hello, @syssi

I have such a humidifier (deerma.humidifier.mjjsq). But I could not add it to the hass.io.

I get the following error:

2019-11-28 22:19:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for xiaomi_miio which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-11-28 22:19:43 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.fan.fan] Unsupported device found! Please create an issue at https://github.com/syssi/xiaomi_airpurifier/issues

Error: