Xiaomi LYWSD03MMC BLE Temperature and Humidity Display

I recently purchased one of these very cheap displays.
Xiaomi_LYWSD03MMC
I hoped to pick up the readings in my Home Assistant. After some digging, I found that someone had managed to interface a Raspberry PI to it. From there it was plain sailing.
You can find my code and instructions on GitHub here https://github.com/AnthonyKNorman/Xiaomi_BLE_Temperature_Display_for_HA

4 Likes

Hello,
but how to use in Hassio. there is not
systemd so you cant start a service like:

sudo systemctl enable blemqtt

I run it on a separate Raspberry Pi Zero W.

I don’t see support for this model in openmqttgateway? Can you provide a link?

This is great - many thanks. It worked first time.

If anyone is trying to use it with Openhab, here are the entries from my .items file that use the MQTT interface.

Number	Utility_Room_TempHumBLE_Sensor_Temperature 		"Utility Room BLE_Sensor:Temperature [%.1f C]"		<temperature> (gIndoorTemps,gTemp,Temperature,gTemperature,gHistory)	[ "Current Temperature" ]
{mqtt="<[mysensorsMQTT:blemqtt/sensor01:state:JSONPATH($.temperature)]" }
Number	Utility_Room_TempHumBLE_Sensor_Humidity 		"Utility Room BLE_Sensor:Humidity [%.1f C]"		<humidity>	(gUtilityRoom,gIndoorHumidity,Humidity,gHistory)	[ "Current Humidity" ]
{mqtt="<[mysensorsMQTT:blemqtt/sensor01:state:JSONPATH($.humidity)]" }

Any chance of extending the script to support multiple sensors?..

1 Like

I wish it can be directly integrated with home assistant core integrations as BLE present on Raspberry PI 3B+ and above.

1 Like

It’s integrated with HACS Xiaomi BLE integration. Just read docs for it.

1 Like

Thanks @Szaman

I have now amended the scripts to support multiple sensors.

Great solution, but how to connect to mqtt with user and password?

If you have a look in the closed issues on github this has already been resolved. At some point I will add it to the parameters.

Thanks! I always forgetting about closed issues :man_facepalming:

Original script was modified for less energy usage, will you rewrite your code?

Latest version carries this modification.

Is it possible to run it on the same device where i have HA? or I need to buy other RPi?

I have only run this on a separate Raspberry Pi zero w. They are quite cheap. I have a prototype running using an ESP32 as the hub. This will make it very cheap. I will be posting this soon!

1 Like

Tahnk you very much for your answer. I asked bcs right now I jave got only one RPi.
Running this chip on ESP32 is the best idea ( the cheapest and the lowest power consumption solution), It will be possible launch more than one sensor?

Yes. It supports up to twenty sensors.

I have posted about my esp32 code now https://github.com/AnthonyKNorman/Xiaomi_LYWSD03MMC_for_HA

1 Like

How to connect to mqtt with user and password ?
The script has only the server address.