Xiaomi Mi Flower Care Plant Sensor EOL?

Apparently these sensors are no longer manufactered. Is there a replacement or similar product available?
I’d like to buy a few, but not to find out later there’s a new/better one, or no longer available (should I want more).
Thanks

There is a new pink Tuya BT5.0 version. It only broadcast new sensor readings once per hour and the integration in the iOS apps (Smart Life/Tuya smart) feels quite buggy. So don’t take this as a recommendation. But it does work with BLE monitor custom component.

When you say the Tuya works with BLE monitor custom component, do you mean the Xiaomi BLE integration?

I was referring to this: https://github.com/custom-components/ble_monitor

Do you have a link to the correct one? There’s a ton of them on Aliexpress, ranging from €19.95 to €45.95, but none of them say BT5.0

The pink ones are BT5. E.g.: Hhcc Flower Monitor Tuya Global Version Flora Monitor Garden Care Plant Grass Soil Water Fertility Smart Tester Sensor Detector - Smart Remote Control - AliExpress

1 Like

Has anyone able to integrate the new pink (tuya) ones with HA?
I’m only able to connect to them using the smart life app but then nothing gets picked up by my BT proxies nor even the tuya integration

BT proxies will not work, you need to use the BLE monitor integration GitHub - custom-components/ble_monitor: BLE monitor passively monitors BLE sensors (Xiaomi, Qingping, ATC, BlueMaestro, Brifit, Govee, Kegtron, Moat, Inkbird, iNode, Yeelight, RuuviTag, SensorPush, Teltonika, Thermoplus and Thermopro)

Even if the original version is no longer manufactured there are plenty available in AliExpress, if these can be used with simple ESP32 bluetooth proxies why bother getting the new one that need a custom component? I have 8 of the original one’s since 2021 and I just replaced the batteries once. I live in a very hot and arid place.

These sensors are a joke!
I bought a few because they were cheap. I now have them planted in the same pot, next to each other and all give differtent values :frowning: Only thing that is vaguely consistant is the temperature.
Don’t waste your money on these things, they’re crap!

Some of my Xiaomi sensors work with ESP Bluetooth proxy; they appear as Xiaomi BLE devices, while some do not. The sensors I cannot see with ESP Bluetooth proxy will show up on passive BLE monitor when placing them near the HA Raspi.

I am not sure why…

ESP Bluetooth proxy has been updated and should be working with Xiaomi Mi Flower devices, I have already removed BLE monitor, which version of the Flower care sensor do you have HHCCJCY01 or HHCCJCY10, depending on which version, you need to register with the app before Bluetooth proxy will see them.

took some time now but following situation:

10 sensors of different colour (green/white)
all are HHCCJCY01 but with different firmware version on (3.2.4, 3.2.1, 3.3.5)
all are listed in the “passive BLE monitor” integration and readings are shown as well (exept the batterie level)
but only 3 of them in the Xiaomi BLE integration via ESPHome Bluetooth Proxie

Home Assistant 2023.9.2
Supervisor 2023.09.2
Operating System 9.5
Frontend 20230911.0 - latest

Thanks for sharing.
Are those 3 the same color?

no, 2 are white (firmware 3.2.1 and 3.3.5) one green (firmware 3.2.4) the others (not working with Xiaome BLE integration via ESPHome Bluetooth Proxy are as well mixed colour and all with firmware 3.3.5

update: I just upgraded the firmware to v 3.3.5 and it still connected directly with bluetooth.

I’ve just check, all mine firmware are still at version 3.2.4. When did you upgrade to 3.3.5?

not sure when i updated the first sensors to the 3.3.5 firmware. must bee some weeks ago.
as i can not see any pattern on what firmware are working … there must be something else.
Does anyone has as well some sensors that do not work with the Xiaomi integration?

usinf the ESPhome integration (without adopted ble Proxy) I get the readings correct … looks to be an issue with the Xiaomi integration.
Anyone with somillar issues?