Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum unavailable every day at specific time

Hi fellow vacuum robot friends :robot:

since quite a few months, my Gen. 1 Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum (a.k.a. Robobert) becomes unavailable (when docked) every day at the exact same time at 8:58 PM and changes the state to docked a few seconds later (which triggers a notification on my phone).

The log file shows the following error:

Logger: homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio.vacuum
Source: components/xiaomi_miio/vacuum.py:493
Integration: Xiaomi Miio (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 8:58:15 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:58:15 PM

Got exception while fetching the state: Unable to discover the device 192.168.XXX.XXX

I know I can change my automation to filter / ignore this specific event, but this is obviously not the proper way to fix this.

Has anyone got a clue why this is happening?

My first thought goes to dhcp lease time.
Have you checked the router’s dhcp leases?

Mine do the same but at 3:14AM. Don’t know why. We are not alone :smiley:

I looked it up - it’s 10 days. So this might not be the problem.

HA Recorder
ScreenShot_20210228212130

Not related

I have this probably 12-15 times every day. Does it go to sleep maybe?

Yep, I’m having this multiple times a day, at least once an hour if not multiple times an hour. Gets slightly obnoxious for some of my robot monitoring apps and I’m worried that the bot will become unavailable while trying to send a command (however, I think the command would be enough to wake the device). Seems to have gotten worse recently.

Same here, same time.

same here. just wondering if there is solution ?
mine became unavailable everyday at 03:26am. I need to load the robot in MiHome App to get the vacuum working in HA again.

solved this via a condition in the automation that notifies me if the cleaning is over.

condition: "{{ as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states('sensor.rockrobo_vacuum_v1_last_clean_end')) < 300 }}"

If the last_clean_end time is now greater than 5 min, I will not get a notification that my vaccum is docked again.
Does not solve the issue that the vaccum becomes unavailable at a certain time, but it solves the annoying false positive notifications.

1 Like