Xiaomi mi wifi plug & air purifier

This is another bug. If the LED is off there is no LED brightness available. I will fix it.

Done. I merged develop into master and released version 0.1.1. Please donā€™t use the development branch anymore.

2 Likes

@teprrr I would be happy about a new python-mirobo release. So I can resync all components based on python-mirobo to the same version. I can use/update an open Pull Request to introduce the new version.

@syssi iā€™ve two wifi stripā€¦

why the instant power is different between mihome and homeassistant?

Itā€™s just a guess: The measurement unit of current is amperes and the instantaneous power is watts (0.43A * 230V = 98,9W). You are from italy and your mains voltage is 230V? If not you have to change the multiplier.

1 Like

yesā€¦ iā€™m in italy 230v

Iā€™m in Australia and have the same issue. Does this mean the formula needs to be updated in the component?

The component uses a voltage independent unit (amps). If you want to know watts you have to multiply properly.

iā€™ve tryed but the results are different :wink:

In this case I donā€™t know the firmware is doing here. The component just displays a captured value.

Could you track the value? Does it permanently increment? Does it drop to zero if you remove the consumer?

Is it possible that is not istantaneous power but kw/h?

I donā€™t own a power strip. My WiFi plug which doesnā€™t provide the property current, so you are on your own. Write down or log the home assistant values to influxdb and try to get a better understanding of the value.

Does somebody like to test the new platform services of the air purifier? Just use the development branch here:

Very cool! Been thinking about getting one of these for my house and Iā€™ve been looking for some HA support. Are you planning an official PR at some point? If I had one now Iā€™d test for ya!

Yes there will be a PR if the component has proven stable. There is a bunch of air purifier generations around which different firmware versions and feature sets. To support the intersection would be nice. At the moment the component is a bit ā€œair purifier 2ā€ centric because of a low defusion rate.

Gotcha. Youā€™re referring to the 1st gen/pro? I was going to get the 2nd gen anyhow. Probably buy it soon and if it hasnā€™t been pulled by them Iā€™ll be sure to give you whatever feedback I can

1 Like

Iā€™m from Spain (230V) and have the same problem. If I multiply amps by 230V I get way too many watts. Iā€™m multiplying by 110 now and I get sensible values. Iā€™m not sure but I think Xiaomiā€™s people make assumptions about that voltageā€¦

No, the current goes to 0 when idle. Itā€™s instantaneous current.

Do you have a consumer with a well known load to verify? A 60W light bulb for example or a calibrated power meter? I would like to check the correctness of the value shown at the mi home app. :slight_smile: I will provide a addtional calculated attribute if we are sure about.