Xiaomi mi wifi plug & air purifier

This is my proposal for a fix

1 Like

how to install this workaround? iā€™ve changed xiaomi_plug.py but it canā€™t download the new mirobo component requiredā€¦

If you want to mess up your setup: Just remove the REQUIREMENTS line and change your mirobo library manually. :wink: May be this is also interesting for people who like to do some testing:

This is the magic to avoid enforcement of the requirements at the startup of home assistant:

hass --skip-pip

And this is the patched library:

pip3 install "https://github.com/syssi/python-mirobo/archive/7e59aef7f9c6d09a6270e315890a75dc0e2f6fc7.zip#python-mirobo"

yes iā€™ve alredy doneā€¦ something similarā€¦ i change the mirobo plug.py file manually and use 0.1.3 as requirements :wink:

I would be happy if you compare the measurements of both applications again.

waiting for homeassistant to startā€¦ itā€™s about 5 minutes nowā€¦

Ok nowā€¦

Smart strip 1:

• app says 35W
  • HA says 28.6

Smart strip 2:

• app says 10W
  • HA says 14.3

Strangeā€¦

Puh. Could you do the proposed 60W light bulb test or do you own another device which can measure the load?

Iā€™ll test it tonight. Not at home at the moment

1 Like

When i come back home iā€™ll test the light bulb :wink:

iā€™ve tryed with a bulb of 15W

app says 14W

HA says 11

If you can provide pairs for different consumers / powers we try to build a calibration method.

1 Like

Iā€™m collecting mDNS device names of miio devices. Do you like to help? Please provide the output of

avahi-browse -a | grep miio

I need the prefixes only. You can remove the number after ā€œmiioā€. f.e.

+  wlan0 IPv4 yeelink-light-mono1_miioXXXXXXXX              _miio._udp           local
+  wlan0 IPv4 yeelink-light-mono1_miioXXXXXXXX              _miio._udp           local
+  wlan0 IPv4 lumi-gateway-v3_miioXXXXXXX                  _miio._udp           local
+  wlan0 IPv4 yeelink-light-color1_miioXXXXXXXX             _miio._udp           local
+  wlan0 IPv4 chuangmi-plug-m1_miioXXXXXXXX                 _miio._udp           local

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Here you are some more:

+   eth0 IPv4 xiaomi-repeater-v1_miioXXXXXXXX               _miio._udp           local
+   eth0 IPv4 chuangmi-ir-v2_miioXXXXXXXX                   _miio._udp           local
+   eth0 IPv4 lumi-gateway-v3_miioXXXXXXXX                  _miio._udp           local
+   eth0 IPv4 zimi-powerstrip-v2_miioXXXXXXXX               _miio._udp           local
1 Like

The xiaomi repeater is a wifi repeater?

Yes, it is. Although mine is the first version, there is a new version now and I donā€™t know the differences. I think the v2 has higher speed.

BTW: the Wifi Repeater has a property that tells the number of devices connected to it.

Do you know the property name?

+   eth0 IPv4 zhimi-airpurifier-m1_miioXXXXXXXX             _miio._udp           local
+   eth0 IPv4 lumi-gateway-v3_miioXXXXXXXX                  _miio._udp           local
1 Like
+ enp3s0 IPv4 zimi-powerstrip-v2_miioXXXXXXXX               _miio._udp           local
+ enp3s0 IPv4 yeelink-light-color1_miioXXXXXXXX             _miio._udp           local
+ enp3s0 IPv4 zimi-powerstrip-v2_miioXXXXXXXX               _miio._udp           local
+ enp3s0 IPv4 yeelink-light-color1_miioXXXXXXXX             _miio._udp           local
+ enp3s0 IPv4 lumi-gateway-v3_miioXXXXXXXX                  _miio._udp           local
+ enp3s0 IPv4 chuangmi-ir-v2_miioXXXXXXXX                   _miio._udp           local
1 Like

Iā€™m convinced it is conn_sta_num, but I cannot guarantee:

root@orangepizero:~# miio --control 192.168.1.51 --method get_prop --params '["conn_sta_num"]'
 INFO  Attempting to control 192.168.1.51

ERROR  Encountered an error while controlling device

Error was:
Method `get_prop` is not supported