Xiaomi Miio IR Remote - not responding

Hey Guys. I’ve got a bunch of * chuangmi.ir.v2 devices, and I’m trying to get them working with HASS so I don’t have to use Mi Cloud.

This is the device: Xiaomi Miio - Home Assistant

I followed the instructions to extract the Key, and then updated my configuration.yaml like so:

remote:
  - platform: xiaomi_miio
    host: 10.13.32.13
    token: RwKAHzMWEUw6hiao7MrK38Q8KqMXkvPj
    slot: 1
    timeout: 30

Unfortunately, the home assistant log file is full of these:

2022-02-25 23:26:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio.remote] Device unavailable or token incorrect: Unable to discover the device 10.13.32.13
2022-02-25 23:27:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio.remote] Device unavailable or token incorrect: Unable to discover the device 10.13.32.13
2022-02-25 23:29:06 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio.remote] Device unavailable or token incorrect: Unable to discover the device 10.13.32.13

I have verified the basic stuff - that the device has network, that the HA can ping it so I am sure there are no network problems. I have found many guides and videos of other people who have it working but I am not having any luck.

The device is on firmware 1.2.4_38 - has something changed and Xiaomi stuff can no longer be controlled by HA? My server location is cn. I used this cloud token extractor to get the info: https://github.com/PiotrMachowski/Xiaomi-cloud-tokens-extractor

Another thing is that my home assistant server is in another VLAN (and therefore has a diff IP/Subnet to the Mi IR Remote). But since I’m targeting its IP directly, that shouldn’t affect it right?

Ok, I think I have cracked this. It looks like certain Mi Devices won’t respond to requests from a different subnet. The fix is to either setup NAT Masquerading (which isn’t desirable in my environment), so I just gave HASS a network interface on my IOT Devices VLAN.

Less than ideal, but I guess it’s either this or I throw out my Mi Stuff?

1 Like