Xiaomi Mijia 1080P 170 ° Smart IP CAM (MJSXJ02HL)

hello does anyone have the original demo_boot.bin?
Thanks

Me too, I might just give it a go tonight and hope for the best!

unlocked bootloader here:

ps. rtsp and mqtt messages are super stable, tested for months.

1 Like

Legend! Thank you.

Hi am wondering did you get the firmware on the mjsxj03hl. If so, how did u do it. I am trying for a few days now.

None of the mentioned steps work for me.

thanks

Never got this working unfortunately, unsure if the demo_boot.bin provided works on the mjsxj03hl?

Can someone who has done this please tell me if you can still record video to the SD card?

With the custom firmware is not possibile to record videos… unfortunately.

Connect to motioneye and record as needed

New version of the firmaware is out 1.4.0:

New version is out 1.4.1:

New firmware 1.5.0

1 Like

Where did you find the original firmware? I’ve been looking all over and want to flash it back to factory stock, with the original Xiaomi .bin.

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. If I remember correctly, at the time the website with the custom firmware had a link to download a copy of the original firmware too. The website seems to be down unfortunatelly. I checked on my computer and I didn’t keep a copy of the original firmware unfortunatelly, so I’m not sure where you could get one.
I have to say I am very happy with the custom firmware. I have been using it for a couple of years now and it works well for what I need to do.

Good luck finding a copy of the firmware

1 Like

Just found this on Lemmy, a open firmware project that seems to support this camera:

More info can be found on the dedicate Github page → OpenIPC for Xiaomi MJSXJ02HL

Anyone willing to try it?

I’ve been using OpenIPC for about a year now on my two MJSXJ02HL cameras, installed following the instructions found on github, linked above.
I think it’s more stable than the default firmware, but most features don’t actually work: mqtt, motion detection, notifications… it even has the same bug that makes the snapshot feature stop working after a while. Specific device’s project seems abandoned.
The update feature used to work at first, but later bricked the device and forced me to reinstall, so for now I’m keeping them as is, until I find the time to go back to Kasito’s modded firmware.

New firmware is out. Version 1.6.0.

https://github.com/kasitoru/mjsxj02hl_firmware/releases/tag/1.6.0