Xiaomi Mijia 1080P 170 ° Smart IP CAM (MJSXJ02HL)

Hi,

Your data looks good to me. Which OS are you running ? Supposing you are under windows 10, did you select “IP assignement” as Manual and the DNS server as 192.168.1.1 ?
If yes, you should normally see you computer connecting to the wifi netwrok and then you can navigate to the webpage of the camera by putting the IP address in your browser.

Hi. Its working now. Had to install the old MS internet explore.

Thanks for your reply.

Kim

Hello,

What configuration of rtsp and vídeo are you using? MQTT is working fine to me but the video streaming isn’t ok. If I restart the camera I can see the video in HA but after some time it stops working, even in the web page of the camera.

If I remember correctly I left the default values for most parameters. The primary stream is at 1500 kbps and the secondary stream at 900 kbps if I am not mistaken. I use H.264 also (not H.265). I do not have access to the camera right now so cannot check, but I have not really modified the parameters except for the flipping and mirroring of the image and adding some OSD overlays. The streaming is working fine for me, but I never really look at the stream for long (< 1 min I would say) so not sure if it would drop after 1 minute or so. HA has some problem sometimes to get the still image to display in the lovelace interface, but the camera is really at the limit range of my wifi coverage and I suspect the still image cannot be sent successfully sometimes because of that (I guess it must be linked to the still image being sent over HTTP whereas the streaming is done over RTSP).
Concerning MQTT, do you see all the sensors appearing automatically in home assistant once you connect the MQTT camera to HA or did you have to configure them manually ?

Thanks bishop. First I didn´t touch any parameters except flipping and mirroring as you did. Then I experimented the connection losts and changed something. I will go back to default parameters with primary stream at 1500kbps.

Regarding to mqtt, it didn´t appear in HA automiatically I added them manually.

HALLO!
finally I also had the opportunity to proceed with the installation of the modified firmware.
First I flashed the bootloader following the procedure “Install from microsd”. Later I flashed the firmware. Everything seems to work fine.
To get movement alerts, do we have to use mqtt? you were able to configure it?

Hello,

Yes for movement alerts you need to configure MQTT. You need to activate it on the camera side and configure the sensor in your configuration in HA.
I used the configuration example provided here and it worked fine for me. The motion alert is not very reactive I find (it stays ON too long after detection and does not always triggers when someone passes in front of the camera), but I did not spend much time to play with the different parameters to optimize it. If you find good parameters let me know :wink:

Hi bishop,
MQTT configured and working, i also copied that code for the binary_sensor, i made one for humanoid and another for general motion sensor.
thank you for your support.

After a few days of correct operation, now the binary sensors and the night mode no longer works.
I no longer receive motion alerts and when it gets dark the cam does not switch to night mode automatically.

From the MQTT logs I see that there are continuous disconnections for timout:
1635977478: New client connected from 192.168.178.117 as MJSXJ02HL (p2, c1, k60, u’User’).
1635977568: Client MJSXJ02HL has exceeded timeout, disconnecting.

Will it be an MQTT problem? does anyone know how to reset it?

Thanks.

Just flashed,
Small guide, some things where taken by granted by other people, probably with more knowledge, but if you hace little knowledge like I do, this are the steps.

First:
There are two files, you might end up using just one.
First one is the firmware itself, and the second one is a new boot loader in case your camera is the newer version with a blocked boot loader.

Download the firmware first and go that way first:
1 download firmware from this gihub, look for the latest release.

2 Copy the file (eg: demo_hlc6.bin) it to a blank SD card
3 Boot the camera with the SD card inside while pressing the Reset button
4 when the light goes from orange to white release the reset button
----- If you hear the voice or the light never goes white, process has got wrong, you might need to re insert the card to your computer to reformat it and delete the files the camera has created in this booting process. Copy the firmware in and give it another try, if it doesn’t work maybe try the boot loader file (I didn’t have the blocked version of the boot loader) -----
5 When light goes back to orange, search for the wireless network MJSXJ02HL and connect to it, but this connection again is tricky and taken from granted, you can’t use standard DHCP configuration, you need to to connect to it manually and use this settings:

IP-adress: 192.168.1.10
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway/Router: 192.168.1.1

6 After that, computer should successfully connect, open a browser and go to 192.168.1.1,
setup wifi network, if you fail you need to restart the process again, so be careful.
7 your camera is now connected to your network to check ip address use an app like “fing” or go to your router to see the address of the camera.
7 Go to the address of the camera eg: 192.168.123.
Login to the camera:
user: root, password: toor,

If the process fails give it at least 5 tries, it took me 6 tries to actually get it done, don’t know the exact reason.

If it fails many many times, maybe you need to do the same process with the new boot loader bin file, and then do it with the new firmware as suggested right below.

****** keep in mind that Mac OS doesn’t delete files, so you need to empty the trash for complete deletion while the card is connected, I don’t know if that affects.

This process is the one I have personally followed for which I am not responsable, follow it at your own risk, everything is based on this blog and google translate, though many of the steps are taken for granted, which made it hard for myself.

I confirm that I followed roughly the same steps and it worked for me too.
In my case I had a camera with the new bootloader which needs to be signed. With this version of the camera you need to first copy the boot loader bin file on an empty SD card and flash it to the camera (the light should go white as explained above). Once that flashing is done you need to remove the SD card and copy the new firmware on the empty SD card (so you first need to delete the boot loader you had copied on the previous step and replace it with the firmware bin file). Then you follow the flashing instructions as above.

1 Like

For me the camera switches fine for day and night but the human detection is very unreliable. I’m not really using the human detection so did not spend long playing with it.
I have problems with disconnection of the camera too but mine is really on the edge of my wifi network so I think it’s due to this weak wifi signal.

New firmware version 1.3.1

Hello. Unfortunately, this version is also constantly disconnected from the network.Camera is 4 meter to Router. You have to take 1 day to restart, you have to take a few minutes. It communicates well with the NAS server. Does anyone know the option to return to the factory firmware?

I’ve 3 of these cameras, only 1 came with unlocker bootloader and works really great with HA / motion eye! Now, i want to unlock the other ones but russian servers are not responding anymore :frowning: can somebody provide the files for the hitool?

fixed: i’ve downloaded the bootloader from my unlocked camera and converter to flashable binary using mkimage

mkimage -A ARM -O linux -T firmware -C none -a 0 -e 0 -n hlc6-boot -d u-boot.bin demo_boot.bin

my problem is: after the update the camera works perfectly but only one day. The camera is connected to the network but without an image. If I connect to the camera, it will disconnect after a while. Any solution?

With my router (asus ac86u) wifi connection is rock-solid with camera. I suggest to play around with wifi settings.

I’ve been fighting wifi for a long time. I have a router from xiaomu ax3600 and it’s still not it. Maybe I’ll trade him for the type you have.

I just bought MJSXJ03HL camera. And I’m wondering if I can apply custom software from MJSXJ02HL model? Any of you tried to upload custom software to MJSXJ03HL?
Or maybe I can just use MJSXJ02HL soft?

Same ask here.

1 Like