Xiaomi Mijia Smart Multi-Mode Gateway (ZNDMWG03LM) support

Hi, I have HA installed in a python virtual space, I can see the new Gateway in My Home, but HA does not detect new integrations. Perhaps it may be because I have not linked any device to the Gateway, I have all of them in my old Gateway, is it possible that this is due to this?

Update: worked after restarting everything. However motion sensors are slow to report to HA.
Added to HA via HomeKit but the sensors have not been updating since. (aqara temperature sensors)

So far i’m agreeing with what you’ve said, i’ve installed the new Gateway via Mi Home (i’m in Australia) but i’m working off the China mainland server as this is the only way to integrate the Temperature Sensors I also Bought (Aqara latest versions). Homekit Integration is fairly straight forward, it actually integrates from the Mi Home App and automatically links to Homekit.

Problem with the temperature sensors is they are slow responding like you said ,maybe it’s going through the Chinese Servers back into the Gateway (that would be annoying if so). Also on the Homekit side of things, even thoguh i named the rooms the same they don’t show up in those rooms they go to “Default Room”. It’s hard tro work out which sensor is which TBH so i haven’t moved forward to change the room in Homekit.

The gateway doesn’t come up as and option like another user said it would above and I haven’t tried integrating the temp sensors in HomeAssistant yet.

I have this ZNDMWG03LM model. Was able to integrate successfully in HA and also able to detect its child device - Mi Wireless Switch.
Problem is that it cannot detect my Yeelight Smart Downlight YLSD01YLthat is using bluetooth.

Unfortunately, this gateway does’t expose the BLE devices, because these aren’t children of it in the Xiaomi terminology…

I have sensors only and I could drop the gateway by the https://github.com/custom-components/sensor.mitemp_bt project. But I don’t know what should you use…

Hi,
My Gateway (ZNDMWG03LM) with firmware version 1.4.6_0012 have the same issues.
Have you succeed to view bluetooth sensors in homeassistant ?

Does it support magic cube? I mean, does it discover magic cube in HA after connecting it through Homekit_component?

Hi, thank you for your information about switch. However, I tried listening to “Xiaomi Events” and then pressed the button, but nothing happened. Could you give more specific info related to button press event. I integrated this multi-mode gateway through Homekit. Thanks.

I believe if you have it connected through HomeKit you should be listening to HomeKit events.

Hello.
I have a strange issue.
Hub added to HA without any problems. After I restarted home assistant all sensors connected to hub appeared without any issues. The only thing i’ve seen for now, that temperature sensor not showing atmosphere pressure.
Then after few days i’ve discovered, that information from all sensors that were connected to hub not updating. And it wad not updating, until i rebooted hub. After that everything works fine again, for a few days. Actually 1-2 days - time when all sensors stuck is random. And then again, all sensors were stop updating information, and i need to reboot hub again. And again and again.
In Mi Home everything works fine, all sensors are updating information, but in HA they are stuck after a day or two of perfect working.
Reboot of HA not working, only reboot of hub helps.
Does anybody have seen such issue, how did you solved it?

Can you control this device (locally using HA) to make beeps and different sounds like that?
I am looking for something that can make sounds for alert times and doorbells etc, without using a cloud service.

Hi! I have tried to pair this device, but there is troubles with pairing code. I selected “Pair with HomeKit Accessory” and it requires paring code in format XXX-XX-XXX, where X is digit , but my gateway has a code from QR in format 123A1AAAAAAAA. So I have MalformedPinError.
Is it new format of code or I just take wrong QR code?
I pinned example of this QR

Please use the decimal one: 589-60-410, not the QR :slight_smile:

I have a different problem with this multi-mode gateway. Adding the gateway to HA via Homekit controller went smooth. Both Mi Home app and HA can controls the Aqara Wall Switch D1 3-gang without an issue… well, until …

I somehow needed to relocate the gateway and therefore unplugged it from the power. After the gateway rebooted, it connected back to Mi Home app, but HA no longer be able to control the switch. I have to delete the device in HA and Mi Home, hard reset the gateway (long press the button), connect it to wifi via Mi Home, discover in HA, reconfig the switches on LoveLace… I had these steps redone for few times by now… very irritating.

I have this gateway and it is integrated with Ha using the Homekit integration. I have several contact sensors and motion sensors (RTCGQ11LM) working fine but the issue is that the illuminace sensor is not being detect by home assistant. Anybody with this issue? any clue?
thanks

Yes, I wrote couple of posts higher that the luminance sensors aren’t exposed.

Hi, I read your article, but I couldn’t get it up and running. Can you please do the step by step guide. Ideally even with codes? Maybe in the form of a video tutorial? Thanks

Hello!
I bought this device through this thread. Yesterday I integrated it into mi home app (android) and homekit (ipad). Then removed it from both apps and update the firmware. After that I re-integrated it to the mi home app (iphone and ipad mi home app works fine) but I can’t make it appear in homekit (ipad) nor integrate it through home assistant (raspberry pi3 + running hass.io). please help :frowning:

1 Like

What steps have you taken so far on home assistant to integrate it?

This gateway has much more potential that you may think. I’ve been working with this device last few weeks and have something to share with community. Ok, first of all here is how to get root access without disassembling. Just send this command via MIIO protocol:

{"id":0,"method":"enable_telnet_service", "params":[]}

then you can telnet on it, use login “admin” or “app”. no password.

How to send message via MIIO: you need device token. There are a lot of methods you can find on internet how to do this, I used this one: download and install modified MiHome
https://ru.kapiba.ru/mihome/files/old/MiHome_5.6.93_63033_vevs.apk
Authorise, click on “Mi Smart Home Hub”, thee dots, Additional Settings, Network info. Here you will find token at the very bottom.
Then use this tool https://github.com/skysilver-lab/php-miio to send miio message to device:

php miio-cli.php  --ip $ip --token $token --sendcmd '{"id":0,"method":"enable_telnet_service", "params":[]}'

now you have telnet enabled.

There is a mosquito broker running and all internal communication is running via mqtt messages. I was able to integrate all my devices with HA with help of NodeRed and simple workflow.

5 Likes