Xiaomi MiWiFi component for tracking devices and managing routers

…But still, the actual list of the connected devices is empty :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

contact me on telegram(https://t.me/dslonyara). I will help.

Thanks Dmitry. Telegram doesn’t allow me to send you any message, because it says I can only send messages to “common contacts”. I’ll first try to sort this out!

Hello again. As already said integration after router restart working properly but after 12 hours or more entities go offline.

2021-03-21 15:26:39 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.miwifi.core.luci] ERROR MiWifi: Timeout connection error TimeoutError()
2021-03-21 15:26:39 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.miwifi.core.luci_data] ERROR MiWifi connection error (192.168.31.1)
2021-03-21 15:26:39 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.miwifi.core.luci_data] MiWifi updated (192.168.31.1)
2021-03-21 15:26:49 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.miwifi.core.luci] ERROR MiWifi: Timeout connection error TimeoutError()
2021-03-21 15:26:49 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.miwifi.core.luci_data] ERROR MiWifi connection error (192.168.31.1)
2021-03-21 15:26:49 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.miwifi.core.luci_data] MiWifi updated (192.168.31.1)
2021-03-21 15:26:59 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.miwifi.core.luci] ERROR MiWifi: Timeout connection error TimeoutError()
2021-03-21 15:26:59 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.miwifi.core.luci_data] ERROR MiWifi connection error (192.168.31.1)
2021-03-21 15:26:59 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.miwifi.core.luci_data] MiWifi updated (192.168.31.1)

Seems that router stops responding. Any clue why this happens?

Your case does not include the standard device_tracker xiaomi. he can easily call. The second is not a stable wifi or lan connection (depending on how they are connected). The problem in itself is that either the router becomes unavailable at some point, or the blocking is triggered due to frequent calls. Another option is to check the router’s firewall. The only thing I can offer from the development is to take out the setting of the update periods and timeouts (Probably, by the way, I’ll do it today, not a bad revision).

This is data from my ac2100

After router reboot we came back to normal. Rpi4/ Router are connected with ethernet cable. Miwifi app and Wifi working properly for several days in the past so I tend to believe it is a firewall problem. I will look into it.

Custom update times would be a good addition! Thank you!

New release ( v1.1.0 - 2021-03-21):

Improvements:

• Added setting scan interval in seconds
  • Added timeout requests in seconds to the settings

Documentation:

• Add conflicts info

Ok, fixed, it had an IP 192.168.1.X from the operator’s router, once connected to the Xiaomi AX3600 with IP 192.168.31.X, it works perfectly.

I’m trying to do this, but I don’t really know how to do it, I can’t recover the Icons and names that I already had edited.

after you rename you need to restart hass, it pulls up only at startup.

For my problem above (entities went offline after some hours) I used time settings at 120 secs and stoped pihole which I was testing and everything works ok for days now.

Hi @dmamontov
Thanks for sharing your component. I have a Mi Wifi 4A with ROM 2.28.58 and everything works fine.

Hello @dmamontov
I am trying to configure your components via the file legacy_known_devices.yaml in folder config. I have deleted known_devices.yaml. This did not work the file icons are not supported.

Exemple:

pc_portable_enfants:
  name: PC Portable Enfants
  mac: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
  icon: mdi:laptop
  picture:
  track: true

worx:
  name: WORX
  mac: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
  icon: mdi:robot-mower
  picture:
  track: true

if the file is renamed, delete and re-connect the integration. I checked that everything works for me.

I just redid the tests. It does not work. I deleted the icons in cutomize.yaml. I do not understand.

Sorry to relaunch but it still doesn’t work with legacy_known_devices.yaml file.

Good evening! Add me to Telegram (@dslonyara) I’ll try to help you tomorrow in real time.

Hi,
A great component.
Installed with AX6000, it does work.
Just one question, I have added the Performance Table, but it is empty.
Should it fill the table with connected devices automatically?
This is what I see:

Thanks in advance.

You just have to put the mac addresses of the router

Hi,

I did, in the following format: ‘XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX’.
Capital letters.
Maybe something else is missing?

did you install auto-entities ans flex tables via hacs ?