Xiaomi Remote Learning & Sending Commands for AC

Hello All,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have configured my Xiaomi remote and is connecting to my HASS but I am having problems learning commands and sending commands.

Learning commands, I am using developer tools and call service ‘remote.xiaomi_miio_learn_command’ after that I point AC remote at device and then I get the code. It seems that everytime I use this command, even when I push the same button on the remote it returns a different raw code. For example turn AC off here is 3 examples of the code learnt;

• mczm8wlkxm02mEsmkyAIKZTUAgpmAQ4CJTSYgD+BTYDHgheAz4DKgZeBl4DPg3eAPAGXgdeAx4A/gD+AP4A/gD+AP4TOAL+AvgD/gD+AP4bHggeAP4A/gX2Iz4A9wAA=

• mczm8wlkxm02mEsmkyAIKZTUAjppMQB/Ag8BjwQvAZ8DLwMvAZ8BnwIfAY8BjwGPAH8AfwB/AH8AfwB/AH8AfwB/AH8AfwB/DY8AfwB/AH8EDwB8gAA=

• mczm8wlkxm02mEsmkzAIKZTQAjppMQB/Ag+YAMeCFE1AIKZAMsAOQKfgZeCp4IcBH+APAKiAQsAxAHUAY+AP4GHAouAPgF/gL+Bf4C/gL+Af4C/gL+AP4bHgD+Gh4A/ggeDz8AA=

My other problem is when I try to send command to the IR remote nothing happens (but I am guessing this is because the raw code is incorrect). I have tried completing this in configuration.yaml and also scripts.yaml

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

configuration.yaml

XIAOMI MI REMOTE v2:

remote:

• platform: xiaomi_miio
    name: mi_remote
    host: 192.168.1.136
    token: -secret token-
    commands:
    command:
    - raw:mc0mMwlkxm0ymEsmk3AIKZTAAjpnNgB/Ag8BjwQvAZ8DLwMvAZ8BnwIfAY8BjwGPAH8AfwB/AH8AfwB/AH8AfwB/AH8AfwB/DY8AfwB/FE8CHwB9gAA=

scripts.yaml

turn_off_ac:
sequence:
- service: remote.send_command
entity_id: remote.mi_remote
data:
command:
- raw:mc0mMwlkxm0ymEsmk3AIKZTAAjpnNgB/Ag8BjwQvAZ8DLwMvAZ8BnwIfAY8BjwGPAH8AfwB/AH8AfwB/AH8AfwB/AH8AfwB/DY8AfwB/FE8CHwB9gAA=

turn_on_ac:
sequence:
data:
command:
- raw:mczm8wlkxm02mEsmkyAIKZTUAjppMQB/Ag8BjwQvAZ8DLwMvAZ8BnwIfAY8BjwGPAH8AfwB/AH8AfwB/AH8AfwB/Co8AfwB/Aw8AfwB/FF8CHwB+gAA=

1 Like

First of all please format your code properly with </>

You are using the data format incorrectly. It should be something like this

remote:
 - platform: xiaomi_miio
   name: "Woonkamer Remote"      
   host: 192.168.178.129
   token: !secret mi_remote_token
   commands:
     decoder_commando_uit:
       command: 
         - raw:nMwmEwlk0mk1mEsms4ADIAcwAymM2m4CCzGbAI+AioDXge+AhQA7gJmAP4A9gt2CT4FMAQ6Ah4KdhPQAogLnguSBtQcfzCWTCAA=   
     receiver_commando_aan:
       command: 
         - raw:nMwmEwlk0mk1mEsms4ADIAcwAymM2m4CCzGbAI+AioDXge+AhQA7gJmAP4A9gt2CT4FMAQ6Ah4KdhPQAogLnguSBtQcfzCWTCAA=       

And then to send the commands with your mi remote you should use something like this (please note i don’t use scripts but the remote command instead)

- service: remote.send_command #decoder uit
    entity_id: 'remote.woonkamer_remote' 
    data:
      command:
        - 'decoder_commando_uit'   

Not sure if you did right, but my config looks a bit different. On xiaomi definition I have:

host: 192.168.0.xxx
  token: <token>
  name: Living Room Remote
  commands:
   tv_power:
     command:
      -raw:Z6VvACoCAACUBgAAzQgAAJARAAAPIwAA9JcAAJx2AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA0EBAQAAAAABAAEBAQEAAQAAAQAAAQAAAAEAAQEAAQEBBQJGAkYCRgJGAkAA==

and then to use it:

script:
  tv_power:
    alias: TV Power
    sequence:
        entity_id: 'remote.living_room_remote'
        data:
          command:
            - 'tv_power'

Apologies for my initial formatting, and formatting code.

Thanks @Infineghost and @clyra I will try your recommends tonight and feedback to this post.

Is it normal to get different raw codes for the same command, I assumed it would be same?

Why would you learn two (2) codes for one (1) command. Just use one code to perform an action.

When learning the commands, the raw code can be different indeed. Just use one of the codes and in my experience they both work.

@Infineghost thanks for the information. I’ll try again tonight.

Seems to still fail;

• if I call the script = nothing happens
  • if I call the entity-button = error "failed to call service remote/send_command. required key not provided @ data[‘comand’]

Any ideas?

configuration.yaml

remote:
    host: 192.168.xxx.xxx
    token: <remote token>
    commands:
      turn_ac_off:
       command: 
         - raw:mczm8wlkxm02mEsmkyAIKZTUAgpmAQ4CJTSYgD+BTYDHgheAz4DKgZeBl4DPg3eAPAGXgdeAx4A/gD+AP4A/gD+AP4TOAL+AvgD/gD+AP4bHggeAP4A/gX2Iz4A9wAA=

script.yaml

ac_turn_off:
    alias: Turn off AC
    sequence:
        data:
          command:
            - turn_ac_off

lovelace entity-button

entity: remote.mi_remote
hold_action:
  action: more-info
name: Turn Off AC
show_icon: true
show_name: true
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: remote.send_command
  data:
    command:
      - turn_ac_off
type: entity-button

You seem to be missing an additional space between turn ac off and command, try it again with the additional space.

remote:
    host: 192.168.xxx.xxx
    token: <remote token>
    commands:
      turn_ac_off:
        command: 
          - raw:mczm8wlkxm02mEsmkyAIKZTUAgpmAQ4CJTSYgD+BTYDHgheAz4DKgZeBl4DPg3eAPAGXgdeAx4A/gD+AP4A/gD+AP4TOAL+AvgD/gD+AP4bHggeAP4A/gX2Iz4A9wAA=         

Sames goes for your script.

I don’t know if it is another issue, but i always make sure i don’t got the same name twice. You use your remote name as ‘turn ac off’ but the same for your script. my recommendation would be never use the same name twice.

ac_turn_off:
  sequence:
      data:
        command:
          - 'turn_ac_off' 

I have updated configuration & script, thanks I should have caught that error. I when I call the script nothing happens and I got get anything in the log. The entity-button still gives me the same error :frowning:

remote:
    host: 192.168.x.xxx
    token: <secret token>
    commands:
      turn_off_ac:
        command: 
ac_turn_off:
  sequence:
      data:
        command:
          - 'turn_off_ac' 

I don’t know if your entity button is correct, i don’t think so as you should use quote marks as well there.

But are you 100% sure your RAW code is correct?. As it looks good to me, you could try your indentation different with the script, but that doesn’t seem a problem to me.

ac_turn_off:
  sequence:
    data:
      command:
        - 'turn_off_ac' 

What does the log show?

Maybe a stupid question, but did you reload your script and restart HA?

@Infineghost

• yes I have reloaded script & restarted HA
  • I have also learnt another command just now and tried replacing that raw command

There is no error / entry in the log…

Seems very strange to me, can you add the following code to your config and fire up the script (not the entity button)

'1555789719863':
  alias: ac_turn_off
  sequence:
    entity_id: 'remote.mi_remote' 
    data:
      command:
        - 'turn_off_ac'

Found this error in the log just now

2019-08-09 23:25:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1810950928] Error handling message: required key not provided @ data['service']. Got None
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/connection.py", line 91, in async_handle
    handler(self.hass, self, schema(msg))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 267, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 589, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 427, in validate_mapping
    raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors)
voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: required key not provided @ data['service']

what ever way I try to call the service with an entity-button I always get this error;

failed to call service remote/send_command. required key not provided @ data[‘comand’]

The errors shows something wrong with the service call, like i already told you before. It seems that the entity button is wrong.

But to exclude the script being wrong, you should first try activating your script

Could you add your script to the GUI (frontend) and fire up only the script. See if that works, the entity button is one for later

@Infineghost I have called that script directly from developer tools > services. No error in log, that indicates to be the service was called correctly and may be the raw code is incorrect, but I ive just learnt a new command and called it…

Im going to try one from my TV and see if this is isolated to my AC unit…

If there is no error with the script called directly, then your coding is correct there. As earlier mentioned, are you 100% sure your RAW code is correct?.

I would suggest playing around with some RAW codes of sort. And create multiple scripts for dedicated commands. And if those works you can see if a button entity can be created.

Yes Ill have a play around with codes, I have just tried power for TV (different brand, etc) and I have the same result.

can we inject the raw code directly in the script? For example;

off_test2:
  alias: off2
  sequence:
    entity_id: 'remote.mi_remote' 
    data:
      command:
        - raw:mc0mMwlkxm0ymEsmk2AIKZAGkARkzm4A/gQeAx4IXgM+Bl4GXgM+Az4EPgMeAx4DHgD+AP4A/gDpOQBymgC/gD+AP4A/gD+AP4A/gD+Gx4EHgD+Bx4HHgD+AOUAA

Just thinking of other ways to test this…

same result.