Xiaomi Smart Button with Automations

Hi all, I think it’s something simple, but I’m trying to link a Xiaomi Smart button to a set of lights using an automation.

I’ve got the button connected via deCONZ so HA sees only the battery sensor; so I’ve dug around in the log files and found the event ID for a button press. I’ve written an automation but it’s not working, so I’m hoping someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong.

This is the automation

- alias: 'Toggle Bedroom Lights'
  initial_state: 'off'
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: deconz_event
    event_data:
      id: sensor.switch_12_battery_level
      event: 1002
  action:
    service: light.toggle
    entity_id: light.bedroom_main

And this is the log file entry for a button press

2019-07-18 14:27:53 DEBUG (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] Websocket data: {"e":"changed","id":"12","r":"sensors","state":{"buttonevent":1002,"lastupdated":"2019-07-18T13:27:54"},"t":"event","uniqueid":"00:15:8d:00:02:3e:79:bb-01-0006"}

Hello thekevinkalis,
I’m not a professional but maybe I can help you. I’ve attached my automation here

- alias: Power Button
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: deconz_event
    event_data:
      id: tradfri_fernbedienung
      event: 1002
  action:
    service: switch.toggle
    entity_id: switch.0320018160019479e078
  id: 6bf0a3fd9b82431199495fc1094ac3d5

The automation runs without problems. The right formatting is especially important!

I suspect the problem is in these lines:
alias
initial_state
???

Good luck

this means the automation is not waiting for trigger, and probably not what you meant?
(the alias is fine)

Assuming the automation still doesn’t work, use the developer/states page to view the status of the switch as it changes…

and then the developer event listener:

Hi, I see what you mean about the initial_state, it’s actually unnecessary as far as the automation goes.

I finally got it working by changing the ID to ‘smart_button’, that’s actually what it says in the developers page for events.

1 Like