Xiaomi Token for EU Air Purifier issue

Hello,

I purchased an Xiaomi Air Purifier 2S from Amazon EU and i’ve not been able to obtain the Token.
I’ve tried using the miio command line client, the adb backup approach, the Spanish-translated APK and nothing’s working.

When using the miio cli tool, i’ve tried two things:

1. Configure the Air Purifier using the official Mi Home app (connected to the EU server since if i select China servers the device can’t be found during scan). Once up and running, using the miio discover command in the same WiFi, the token isn’t displayed (just questions marks appear).
  2. Reset the Air Purifier to start the process from scratch. When the WiFi signal is flashing, i connect the laptop to the WiFi the Air Purifier creates and run miio discover again. This time, the token is displayed. I copy it to my Hassio configuration, then disconnect the laptop and use the Mi Home app again to set things up. However, after the app setup is completed and the Air Purifier is working with the app, i still cannot seem to be able to control it from Hassio. I’ve tried this approach a few times and it’s never worked. As a side note, with every device reset, the Token seems to change. I wonder if when the Mi Home app configures the unit, it changes the token as well.

When using the adb backup approach on a non-rooted android, i get stuck on the step of creating the backup because my device forces me to create a password (because my device is encrypted) and once i try to extract it, the program crashes due to some problem loading the JVM decryption tools.

I also tried the Spanish translated APK that’s supposed to give access to the token from the Network info, but every time i tried to access that screen, the app would just crash.

Has anyone been able to set up an European-version of the Xiaomi Air Purifier (2S or otherwise)?

I can find the token in: AndroidPhone\Internal shared storage\SmartHome\logs\plug_DeviceManager

But after adding it I get:

2019-04-27 13:46:45 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.fan] Platform xiaomi_miio not ready yet. Retrying in 60 seconds.
2019-04-27 13:47:46 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.fan] Platform xiaomi_miio not ready yet. Retrying in 90 seconds.
2019-04-27 13:49:17 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.fan] Platform xiaomi_miio not ready yet. Retrying in 120 seconds.
2019-04-27 13:51:18 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.fan] Platform xiaomi_miio not ready yet. Retrying in 150 seconds.
2019-04-27 13:53:49 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.fan] Platform xiaomi_miio not ready yet. Retrying in 180 seconds.
2019-04-27 13:56:50 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.fan] Platform xiaomi_miio not ready yet. Retrying in 180 seconds.
2019-04-27 13:59:51 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.fan] Platform xiaomi_miio not ready yet. Retrying in 180 seconds.

The iOS method on the below page was the only one that worked for me:

Using the ‘miio discover’ method did not work, I assume that the token ID changes/is changed when you attach it to your main wifi network. Using iBackup Viewer (I’m an iOS/Mac user, I don’t have any Android devices) was the only method that worked and it worked first time.

Is it possible to retrieve a token using newer Xiaomi App? I’ve Xiaomi Home ver 5.6.46, no idea how to find token there.