Xiaomi Vacuum cleaner Card

great work!

Do you mind sharing the two pictures,

Hi!
timer-off timer

I used gurbina93’s config, thank you!
I have the problem that I can’t use the “start/stop/home etc” buttons. Just nothing happens when I click them. Already had that problem with the original card from the first link in this thread. Am I missing something?

Has no one yet made a dropdown for selecting the fan speed?

And I would really like to root my vacuum, but the dustcloud documentation seems so messy, that really scares me.

Hi fellow Roborock friends thanks for sharing your cards, they are amazing. I have a quick question: what does „Sensor dirty“ -73 mean? Where is this sensor located on the S50 and how to I clean it? I just can‘t figure it out. Thanks in advance for helping me out.

“Sensor dirty” -73 should be 4 cliff sensors located underneath. -73 should be 73 minutes passed the routine maintenance. The sensors can be reset via mi home app.

Link to the manual for reference
Look at page 15

Thank you @kylaris. So you reset the sensors via the app every time you clean them? The vac doesn’t “notice” that the sensors have been cleaned or that parts have been replaced and automatically resets the values? I rooted my vac from day 1 and I never used the app. Until now I didn’t have to repalce any consumables as all values except the sensor are still poisitve. @dedi the rooting is really very simple although you are right and the documentation makes it seem more difficult that it actually is.

The app lets you reset each of the maintenance items and shows their next maintenance.
They are reset by clicking the button in the app.

see below for app screenshots.

cool, thanks for sharing. Much appreciated!

Does anyone know how to reset the maintenance times from outside the xiaomi app? It would be a nice addition to reset them directly from HomeAssistant vacuum card.

I think Valetudo can do this.

It seems like the structure of [tap-action] has changed, I scratched my head for a while trying to figure out why the call-service actions where not working. It was not until I checked the documentation for the Picture Element that I realized what was wrong: https://www.home-assistant.io/lovelace/picture-elements/#icon-representing-an-entity-state

Following the documentation, you have to modify the tap-action section for each icon. Let’s take the icon for locating the vacuum for example, in the posted configuration looks like this:

- type: icon
  icon: mdi:bell-ring
  tap_action: call-service
  entity: vacuum.xiaomi_vacuum_cleaner
  service: vacuum.locate
  style:
    top: 80%
    left: 80%
    "--paper-item-icon-color": rgb(115, 122, 130)

According to the current documentation it should look like this:

tap_action:
    action: call-service
    service_data:
      entity_id: vacuum.xiaomi_vacuum_cleaner
  style:
    left: 80%
    "--paper-item-icon-color": rgb(115, 122, 130)

I also saw some examples using [service: vacuum.start_pause] but that service doesn’t exist for the xiaomi vacuum, [vacuum.start] and [vacuum.pause] do work/exist but not [vacuum.start_pause].
I hope that helps.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. Finally found the answer to why all my tap_actions stopped working!

I am glad my comment was of some help… We have to keep an eye on the Lovelace release notes.

For now… custom_component xiaomi_clean_zone_start here Zone cleaning parameters - Xiaomi vacuum

2 Likes

I also saw the icon formatting was wrong, working now.
But I do have the service “vacuum.start_pause”, and I have a Xiaomi Vacuum.

EDIT: I see I have the service in my list but activating it doesn’t work… So you’re right!
Did it like this now, with 5 buttons

- type: vertical-stack
    cards:              
      - type: picture-elements
        image: /local/vacuum_card.jpg
        elements:
          tap_action:
            service_data:
              entity_id: vacuum.bumper
          style:
            left: 90%
            --iron-icon-fill-color: blue
          icon: mdi:home
          tap_action:
            service: vacuum.return_to_base
            service_data:
          style:
            left: 70%
          icon: mdi:stop
          tap_action:
            service: vacuum.stop
            service_data:
          style:
            left: 50%
          icon: mdi:pause
          tap_action:
            service: vacuum.pause
            service_data:
          style:
            left: 30%
          icon: mdi:play
          tap_action:
            service: vacuum.start
            service_data:
          style:
            left: 10%

Also, with the previous yaml I couldn’t get the icons to change color. With the " --iron-icon-fill-color: blue " it works.

I am a novice in HA, so I am asking for forgiveness :slight_smile:

1. Does someone know how to do it by clicking on STAN-LABEL (w stacji dokującej) to show me more information?
  • type: state-label
    tap_action: more-info
    entity: vacuum.xiaomi_vacuum_cleaner
  1. In both the Vacuum card and the weather card, it shows information from a lowercase letter. What do I need to set up to start sentences with a capital letter?

I will be grateful for your help.

From console you can do that with the mirobo console tool (see https://python-miio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/vacuum.html#mirobo-reset-consumable and mirobo reset-consumable --help).

To do the same from homeassistant directly, the easiest way at the moment is to use vacuum.send_command, e.g. vacuum.send_command with command reset_consumable (https://github.com/rytilahti/python-miio/blob/master/miio/vacuum.py#L178) and with the parameter sensor_dirty_time (available names for the parameter can be seen in https://github.com/rytilahti/python-miio/blob/master/miio/vacuum.py#L35).

3 Likes

For a simplistic UI I can recommend this, iirc it was good to go after replacing the image: https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/9op70r/neato_picture_elements_card/ :slight_smile:

1 Like

I took your card, changed the colors a little bit to make it a little more readable and also modified the tap_action to the new structure laid out in the docs.
Mi ui-lovelace.yaml is in github if anyone wants it. Here is a picture of the card:

Vacuum_Card