Vacuum Interactive Map Card

Its ok I worked it out :slight_smile: @3_14 was there an fix that I can do with not rotating the map from im app

I am not sure what you mean, are you talking about problem with gen1 vacuum, that it sometimes decides to rotate the map? Workaround for this problem is to use zoned cleanup instead of normal full cleaning.

1 Like

Yep that what I was talking about. Thanks…

Hi everyone!

I just have published a new version of a card, now supporting live map view from camera! Thanks to that it can fully substitute Xiaomi Home app as a way to control a vacuum.

@3_14 that’s sounds cool love to see ppl pictures of this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This sounds amazing!

Can I ask you what you are using for live map? I’ve been using this method, but lately the map has been reset during the run as detailed in this post.
I’ve had Valetudo for a while, but the factory reset bug is making me want to stay away from it for the time being.

Is there any solution avaliable for gen1 xiaomi vacuum? I mean, is it possible to keep a map for it and make zoned cleanups?

Yes, you have to use a zoned cleanup instead of a normal full cleaning (with a whole house as a zone)

Shame on me, but I still use a static image as a map. I have rooted my vacuum 2 days ago and right now I try to decide which solution for map I want to use.

Wow! Live map view!

I have everything working with a static (imported) map but I can’t understand how to get the updated version of the plugin working with the map_camera configuration option.

What should be the camera entity? I tried the vacuum entity ID but that didn’t work.

I assume the plugin somehow pull the live map from the vacuum?

You have to provide a camera which displays the live map view of the robot. As of now, it can only be done on a rooted vacuum.
There are several methods to choose from:
I am using this one.

1 Like

Thank you! The instructions for rooting seemed a bit outside my comfort zone (I don’t know linux very well) but then I know it’s not possible with live map when running stock.

Could you give me more details about it, please? Is there any video or tutorial showing how to do that anywhere? I have this image that I got from Mi Home app, is it enough? I also got the zones using Floe,
now I just need to know how to connect everything…Thanks!

Here you have instructions showing how to calibrate a card: Xiaomi Vacuum Interactive Map Card

I have this imagem from Mi Home, can I use it to get the calibration_points or do I need to make another cleanup to generate the map again and get them? How to get coordinates for 1,2 and 3 points that ou showed above?

You can get them using FloleVac, draw as big zone as possible (like in a mentioned post) and hold “Start” button. It will copy coordinates of selected zone to a clipboard

Is this right?

[[20458,18972,30208,25822,1]]

It would be nice! =)

What should I use in this case for points 1, 2 and 3?

It’s correct. Now use coordinates of 3 corners of this rectangle. You can make yourself sure you got right coordinates by using “goto” mode and holding “start” button.