Xiaomi Vibration Sensor Use Cases

I guess I got lucky with my setup. My hose behind my dryer is exposed and it is always vibrating and I just rapped some tape around the hose and let the vibration sensor dangle in the air and it’s vibration purpose worked perfectly. The dryer itself didn’t vibrate that much and I couldn’t get that to work, then I noticed the hose moving constantly. Problem solved, and Xiaomi for the win.

4 Likes

I use one for our trampoline.

Can you share more details? Do you count number of jumps or something :slight_smile: ?

have not built anything yet but my idea is:

use vibration sensor to turn on the lights on the work surface in the kitchen.

As my kitchen also serves as a very large hallway, using motion sensors for this would be very bad, but if the kitchen counter senses vibration it can then turn on the cupboard lights to illuminate my (very poor) food prep skills

I used 2 SmartThing multipurpose sensors (vibration + contact) attached to my barstools to detect when someone is sitting on them at night to turn on the island pendant lights. It is kind of a pressure sensor without the hassle of building one. It kind of works like a timer switch without having to change your routine and more localized than a motion sensor

Has anyone tried installing one of these onto their old school doorbell chime box to notify them when someone rings the doorbell?