Xiaomi Vima smart lock support?

Salut, pe aplicatie imi apare o cheie raportata ca pierduta, desi nu imi aduc aminte sa fi facut ceva in acest sens…ai idee cum o validez din nou?
Multumesc,
Edi

The keys physically only open the lock they come with, also it’s difficult to get additional keys I found, and you can’t have more than 5 keys e.g. if you want a 6th key you just can’t get one and customer support is terrible!
They are great locks other than that but I moved to a Yale Conexis L1 in the end which I find much better, I have my two Smart Cylinders still if you’re interested in buying them!

1 Like

im interested

anyone knows of a smart cylinder that works with HA?

hello,

is it supposed to still work please?

'0x00158dxxxxxxxxxxxx':
  friendly_name: Vima_lock
  retain: false
  homeassistant:
    expire_after: 180

Because my sensor never change state until i put a new key inside and with another number…so i can never trigger anything…if i use only the same key everyday.

Thanks

Hi all!

It passed five years since this Post was initially created. I would like to have feedback from owners/holders about this product (lumi.lock.v1). Is it still reliable and integrated in home assistant? As far I understand, you can use Zigbee2mqtt - Xiaomi A6121 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT - but there isn’t any available info about how to pair it. My understanding is that, if you need to configure keys you need an app (I think it’s Mi Home) and a Gateway (I saw some AliExpress sellers that include them in the bundle). To integrate it with Home Assistant you can use the Xiaomi/Xiaomi Miio integrations, or Zigbee2MQTT. But in case of Zigbee2MQTT you need to pair it with your Server. Doing so, due to the lack of options, you are unable to configure keys as you do it on the app. This ability is lost, unless you pair it again with the gateway. I’m right?

And how about the device, I read somewhere people couldn’t remove the key, the key got stuck inside the lock. What is your experience?

Yes, but there isn’t much you can do with it (you can only see when the keys have been used).

Keys can be paired without any app (I have it connected over Zigbee2MQTT) thus with local controls only. The lock has two buttons (I don’t recall which is which) that are used for 1. pairing with gateway (keep it press for a few seconds after enabling pairing in Zigbee2MQTT) and 2. add keys

Sounds like a hardware (or a lubrication :rofl:) problem

Thank you so much for your reply @Petrica !

The device can detect an invalid key or lock picking. And with that data you can run a specific automation, for instance, to fire an alarm and notify you (believe me, this is more useful than others). Also, as I read, the battery in the lock doesn’t do work with the mechanical part, so it will last longer compared with others from the same price range that require you to replace them every 6 months. And If the intend is to have the lock to open remotely, then I think we can get around it with a spare key hide in some kind of a secret vault with numeric code.