Xiaomi Yeelight E27 bulb component

thanks, now it works all well

Did someone try the official component after 0.36 update?
from change-log: Light - Yeelight: Auto discovery support and color temperature feature for Yeelight (@jjensn)

Don’t upgrade to 0.36.0, many have reported that it breaks HA. Including myself :frowning:

Upgraded to 0.36.1 today without a problem, seems like problem is fixed :slight_smile:
The new official component works great supporting color temperature and also reads the status of the lamp which was the problem with custom component.
Tried it with RGBW lamps I don’t have a white one to test it.

Any one know about use it with Amazone echo?

can the official component support transition time ?
EDIT: seems still buggy on the white side

File "/srv/hass/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/yeelight.py", line 154, in update
    self._bulb.get_property(self._bulb.PROPERTY_NAME_RGB_COLOR))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
17-01-17 16:13:15 homeassistant.core: Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):

I believe not yet.
But i hope we will see this PR #5296 implemented in the near future.
It has support for transition and other nice things.

0.36.1 doesn’t support the white bulb, only the colur one.
And it doesn’t detect physical on/off state changes, only if you change state via the yeelight app. And even that is not 100% reliable, I managed to fool it. But in all fairness, I probably was changing states too fast.

Back to @maxtra yeelight-ha.py

mine works

hi there, where is the pycache dir please ?
after trying out the official plugin I can’t seem able to use mxtra one now o_O

damn seems like HA 0.36.1 yeelight component broke something I am unable to use Mxtra component now error says:

File "/home/hass/.homeassistant/custom_components/light/yeelight.py", line 100, in is_on
return self.bulb.isOn()
AttributeError: 'YeelightBulb' object has no attribute 'isOn'

same here :frowning:
I guess @mxtra code is no longer compatible and needs to be patched to work with 0.36.1

weird it worked just after updating and now a lot of my scenes are broken I guess new syntax

I’m using this pull request for now: https://github.com/rytilahti/home-assistant/blob/173c3c3c35f992fdeb8b533fba06d6aa229eeaef/homeassistant/components/light/yeelight.py

It’s working fine with 0.36.x

1 Like

edit: nevermind it seems to work

anyone can help me to understand how to use transition with the scenes? I’m trying to use it but seems don’t work

my scene config

name: Movies - Salone
entities:
  light.salone__divano__rgb:
    state: on
    transition: 500
    rgb_color: [65, 105, 225]
    brightness: 80
  light.salone__finestra__white:
    state: off
  light.salone__porta__rgb:
    state: on
    transition: 500
    rgb_color: [65, 105, 225]
    brightness: 80

I would also like to know. I haven’t had any luck trying to get HA to manipulate individual data attributes such as brightness or colour.

Same here. Transitions don’e seem to work. Also have a question if the effect is supported. From the lights component page

effect yes Applies an effect such as colorloop or random.

Nothing for yeelight in 0.37? or did I miss something in the long list of changes?

@moskovskiy82 the transitions should be working on my WIP branch of the component.

@silvrr Unfortunately it did not get in, hopefully for the next release.