Xiaomi Yeelight E27 bulb component

OK. I managed to setup the bulbs by using this app; Yeelight

Do you use the latest firmware and enabled developer mode?

EDIT: I could verify this problem when developer mode is not enabled.

I received this error…

16-09-18 18:39:51 homeassistant.components.light: Error while setting up platform yeelight
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/hass/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 107, in _setup_platform
    discovery_info)
  File "/home/hass/.homeassistant/custom_components/light/yeelight.py", line 19, in setup_platform
    for ipaddr, device_config in config["devices"].items():
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'items'

This is what I have in my configuration.yaml…

light:
  platform: yeelight
  automatic_add: False
  devices:
    - 192.168.1.36:
        name: carporch01
    - 192.168.1.87:
        name: carporch02
    - 192.168.1.49:
        name: carporch03
    - 192.168.1.115:
        name: carporch04

Just remove the “-” in front of the IP addresses and it should work.

1 Like

thanks. it works.

I have also tested the component and it is working fine - waiting to see it in the official components list.

Xiaomi also have a very interesting and cheap Wifi Remote Control Outlet Power Strip

http://www.gearbest.com/electronics-gadgets/pp_310701.html

Did some one heard something about this product? Does it have an open api as the yeelight products?

Can’t wait for the RGB to be implemented^^

I have latest firmware but how can I enable developer mode ?

@smaship Yeelight App > press on a bulb and press settings in top right corner and you should find it.

1 Like

I used Mi Home app so I cannot find it. I can now control the mono and color yeelight bulbs with Alexa and Home Assistant too. Many thanks to all of you. From now on, I can at least on / off the lights at lower costs.

It workes very well with my Yeelight RGB version. Thanks a lot!
I can help with testing when changing color will be implemented.

I’ve found that It should work. On page https://www.yeelight.com/en_US/developer you can find something like that: “Yeelight 3rd-party control protocol is a feature designed for developers
and fans of IoT. All Yeelight WiFi products that are currently on
market (Yeelight LED bulb (White), Yeelight LED bulb (Color)) as well as
upcoming WiFi light products will support this protocol.”
HA uses this developer mode of Yeelight bulbs so all Yeelight products including wifi bed lamp, led stripe and desk lamp that you’ve asked should work just fine with HA.

1 Like

RGB is now working fine. I will update the code soon when I have some time on my hands.

3 Likes

Amazing, I’ve not been in The same area as my pi for weeks to check this out. How does the plugin work, can you choose color and/or activate Scenes?

Nice to hear that. Do you think it is possible to integrate other Xiaomi Smart Home products such as…

1. Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Wireless Switch
  2. Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Occupancy Sensor
  3. Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Door / Window Sensors
  4. Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Temperature / Humidity Sensor
2 Likes

As far as I’m aware those are Zigbee sensors which require Xiaomi Smart Home Gateway. Maybe they can be used with Home Assistant Zigbee component but I’m not sure as I don’t have anything with Zigbee.
The only thing which might work as Yeelight lamps and bulbs would be Xiaomi Smart Switch which seems to have two versions Wifi and Zigbee. So the Wifi version might work but don’t think Yeelight component will be helpful there.

Correct about the above. I have the Xiaomi smart desk lamp, it also uses the Yeelight app so this could work with this with a bit luck.

I have the Xiaomi Smart Switch wifi version.
How can I set it in the configuration.xml file - it is not automatically discovered.
Do I just set is as a yeelight bulb ?

It was general discussion about implementing rest of Xiaomi Smart Home devices.
sorry for misunderstanding but I didn’t meant it’ll work but that it might work directly when proper switch component will be written like ex. Belkin or Orvibo switches.
I highly doubt Xiaomi Smart Switch will work with Yeelight component but if you can control it with Yeelight app and enable developer mode you can try for on/off functionality imitating a lamp.
I think that all wifi Yeelight lamps and bulbs should work with this component once developer mode enabled on the device.

Thank you for the clarification I’ll give it a try.