Xiaomi Yeelight LED strip

To get rid of the error you can manually add the two lines of code to the yeelight.py But as @abmantis wrote it’s safe to ignore the warning.

hi all, not sure if my issue is related to this component and to the fix suggested above:

I have a white yeelight connected to HASS - before updating from 0.50.1, I had the effects dropdown available and had no issues using the toggle button to switch on and off the yeelight.

since updating to 0.52.1, I no longer have the effects option and the only way to switch off the light is to move the brightness slider back to the zero position.

any advice?

Rebooting the raspberry pi and power cycling the light fixed the same problem for me.

1 Like

ah - ok, will try it out.

i’ve rebooted the pi a number of times as thought that there was an issue with the way i’d setup the config.yaml

haven’t cycled the light yet… :wink:

Not sure if it will help but just in case, use the yeelight app to make sure the lights are running the latest firmware.

thanks, checked that too.

they are up-to-date.

when in doubt - reboot… :man_facepalming:

thanks for the help all!

Hi Guys!

I want to swich off my yeelight LED strip with my Xiaomy wireless switch.
Can you help me what is the action? I have the trigger:

- alias: Stairs LED off
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: click
    event_data:
      entity_id: binary_sensor.switch_15xxxxxxxce
      click_type: single

But… I don’t know what is the correct action for Turning off my Yeelight LED strip. Can you help me?

Hi,
Sorry i don’t have yeelight led strip.

But must be something like this:

action:
  - service: light.turn_on
    entity_id: light.gateway_light_f0b4XXXXXX
    data:
      brightness: 255
      rgb_color: [4,26,255]

But to be sure, i recomend you enter to your home assistant options and go to state and see what you see in your yeelight led strip, and change the entity_id of my example by yours

imagen

1 Like

Thank you!
I think this will work for me than:

- alias: Stairs LED off
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: click
    event_data:
      entity_id: binary_sensor.switch_15xxxxxxxxce
      click_type: single
  action:
    service: light.turn_off
    entity_id: light.yeelight_strip_28xxxxxxxxca
    data:
      transition: 5

Hello,

Did you figured what the problem was with your LED strip?
I’m having the same issue as I can turn on/off and even can set an effect however, I can’t control the colors of the LEDs.

I’m getting frustrated for a while now trying to figure this out…!

1 Like

I have the same problems

Hi! In the configuration.yaml add the model to the yeelight config. If the strip is the version 2, add as it was the version 1. It worked for me

1 Like

Thanks. Was looking for a solution to this very problem and adding
model: strip1
to my config for the light strip fixed it.