Xiaomi Yeelight LED strip

Hi is there a componet that offers intergration of the Xiaomi Yeelight LED strip?
I found them very cheap for only 30 dollers (see http://www.xiaomitoday.com/xiaomi-yeelight-smart-light-strip-review/ for promotion code: XMstrip )
They connect though wifi.

1 Like

intrested too

Have you tried adding them manually as a yeelight component?

I was thinking about buying them if they could be intergrated with HASS

The work correctly with the current yeelight component.

1 Like

are they zigbee?

no, they are wifi

I can turn the Yeelight strip on/off in HASS

However the Brightness, Color Temperature etc do not work

Has anyone got these control options to work?

Mine is working fine both color and brightness.
Have you added its IP address to the yaml?

yes - i have the IP address added to my config yaml - this is how I am able to control on/off

the Brightness slider will work, but only if I move it far left (and strip turns off)

and if it the strip is off and slider is far left, if i move the slider away from far left - the strip will turn on

the brightness of the strip does not go up or down when i slide the brightness left and/or right

The ā€˜Color Temperatureā€™ slider and colour palette do not work at all

struggling to understand why these bits are not working

Make sure to have the config 100% correct. You can also adjust several parameters for it to respond faster (which fooled me at first being that it didnā€™t respond quick enough). Also if the wifi is not getting a strong signal, it might delay a bit (or not respond).

(in my lights.yaml file - just make sure your spacing and syntax is correct)

• platform: yeelight
    devices:
    192.168.2.22:
    name: D-Office
    transition: 1000 #(default is 350ms just make sure not to set too low or too high)
    use_music_mode: True #(defaults to False - True will help keep the communications open)
    save_on_change: False #(defaults to True)

thanks for the suggestion dmiddlet2005

my config looks 100% correct and I guess that is why I can turn the device on and off

My issue is that the ā€˜Color Temperatureā€™ slider and Brightness slider do not work

Do they work for you?

Yes they do. Couple of things to try: 1) in the yeelight app, is the Developer option selected? 2) can you modify the colors and such from the yeelight app?

What does your popup look like on HomeAssistant?

hi dmiddlet2005,

thanks for your suggestions

Yes - in the Yeelight app, the developer mode is enabled and I can change the colour and/or brightness

http://i.imgur.com/kJvmx8W.png

it is v strange that i canā€™t control the RGB strip as I can control my Yeelight bulbs in HA

I think I understand what you are encountering. I am able to perform all controls from the popup, but not set any settings from the yaml file other than on and off and transition. Maybe I am doing something wrong also. What I am working on is using an led strip to light up RED in the front hallway when the alarm is on. This ā€œshouldā€ prevent my family from just running out the front door without turning off the alarm.

What I had to do for that instance was turn on the yeelight, set the color I wanted, then turn it off. It will remember the last color. Would love to get it to flash green for a few seconds when the alarm is turned off. Iā€™ll keep playing with it.

Here is my automation section referring to this action.

• alias: ā€˜Alarm_Armed_Homeā€™
    trigger:
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.alarmcom
    platform: state
    to: ā€˜armed_homeā€™
    action:
    service: light.turn_on
    entity_id: light.alarmstatus

• alias: ā€˜Alarm_Disarmedā€™
    trigger:
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.alarmcom
    platform: state
    to: ā€˜disarmedā€™
    action:
    service: light.turn_off
    entity_id: light.alarmstatus

Hello, my yeelight strip lights work except for the ā€œeffectā€. If I choose any effect, the light becomes unavailable.

Besides that, I am getting this warning:

2017-08-30 21:07:16 WARNING (Thread-9) [root] Unknown miio device found: ServiceInfo(type='_miio._udp.local.', name='yeelink-light-strip1_miio56728920._miio._udp.local.', address=b'\xx0\xx8\xx1\xx7', port=54321, weight=0, priority=0, server='yeelink-light-strip1_miio56728920.local.', properties={b'mac': b'xxxxxxxxxx', b'epoch': b'1'})

How can this be fixed?

1 Like

Which version of HA are you using?

I am using the latest version: 0.52.1.

I thought the ā€œunknown deviceā€ problem was already fixed, apparently not. More info:

Iā€™ve set them using the ipā€™s. They are working, even they were working before setting up ipā€™s.

So this is just a matter of unwanted warnings in the log.