Xiaomi YeeLight Step-by-step

Sorry for the noob question, but I think I cannot use the Yeelight in the my HA because of this status:
imagem

Indisponível = Unavailable

Can you please help me adding this item to HA?

1 Like

I’ve seen that happen with mine from time to time, usually solved by turning the power off to them for 30 seconds before turning it back on again.

Either that or wait a minute and they come on line. Happens when I restart HA all the time. It’s not fatal and they come back. If they don’t, powercycling like @Tinkerer said works too.

1 Like

@DavidFW1960 I’ve waited 5 hours and still no luck :frowning:

@Tinkerer I’ve tried that also :frowning:

This normally happens with other deviced, (Sensors and Switches), but with Yeelight I’ve never been able to configure it. I’ve even flashed the card again, to start again :frowning:

This is my History report from Xiaomi devices:

I had similar issues with mine, i get the same kind of status every now and there, power cycling it fixes it automatically.
Not sure how why its acting like this however

I have two Yeelights and they would periodically go unavailable, always sorted by power cycling. I changed my router a couple of months ago and have not had a single issue since. I used the same SSID and password for the new router so did not need to make any changes to the Yeelights.

This suggests WiFi signal strength may cause issues as the new router has much better coverage.

1 Like

@GGexe but here is not every now and then… its all the time :frowning:

@MartinB I’ve changed the original router for a TP-Link wireless AC1200, and the lamp’s are really close.

I even bought a new light to test it…

Can this be any firewall option I have to remove?

No more ideias :rage:

@sjee I’ve follewed the manual too … but no luck:

imagem

Do they work through the mobile phone application ? Make sure you have enabled lan mode for each bulb there.

Everything ok with the app…

Hey, i know this is an old topic but in case someone needs this like i did… I had the exact same issue but managed to solve it.

This problem is most probably due to the fact you did not enable LAN mode on your lights. And that is, because you are not using the Yeelight app. Here is a link explaining everything:

https://getyeti.co/posts/how-to-control-yeelight-and-your-smarthome-with-yeti

This indicated also on that page:

However, it’s indicated way too low in my opinion. Would be nice to push up that section so that people are better prepared !

1 Like

Perhaps too obvious but did you make the IP’s of your bulbs static?

The 30 seconde power cycle did the trick!