Xiaomi Yeelight Strip not supported in HA 50.1

It looks to me like the problem is here:

File “/usr/lib/python3.4/colorsys.py”, line 146, in hsv_to_rgb
i = int(h6.0) # XXX assume int() truncates!
TypeError: can’t multiply sequence by non-int of type ‘float’

And here:

transition: 1000

I’m guessing that for whatever reason the transition variable needs to be less than 4 digits. Try setting it to 999.

I set it to 999, 900, 500… And unluckily it didn’t work.:tired_face:

Was the log output the same after you did that?

Yes, exactly the same.

Have you tried removing the music mode and save on change keys from your yaml file?

Here’s another thread on the topic, by the way: Xiaomi Yeelight LED strip

I can confirm my config is working on 0.50.2 … but it is a YLDD02YL, I am not sure the difference between the two light strips and what might have changed in the updates.

Thanks. I have tried remove the music mode and save on change part from yaml flie, but no, it just refused to work.
And I have also read the other thread, but my situation is different from hers. At least she can turn on/off the light, but mine did not even show up at the frontend.

Yeah, at this stage, I have only to think the difference between two models. I have asked Yeelight staffs at the forum, just wait for reply.

1 Like

I’ll be interested to hear what they say. I just bought the ‘2’ model off of Amazon, I’ll see if I have any trouble with that when I receive it.

UPDATE - just hard reset my Pi3 and now they no longer work. Here’s my error:

2017-08-03 07:18:46 ERROR (SyncWorker_6) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Failed to connect to bulb 10.10.10.22, office_light_strip: A socket error occurred when sending the command.

They worked fine just prior to the reset.

I updated to 0.50.2 from 0.50.1, and my lightstrips are still working normally, even after a reboot of the Pi3. I added use_music_mode: true to my config and it works even better (prior to that, using Effects would cause connectivity failure).

My lightstrips are model YLDD02YL.

Well this is interesting. So I decided to try and ping my light from the hass.io box. nope… can’t reach it. Then pinged it from my local computer. Yep… works fine. Tried pinging my smartthings hub from hass.io… yep… works fine. Hass.io can’t reach the lights. What the heck? same network… but can’t ping them.

For clarification, I’m using hass in a Python virtualenv. I am not using hass.io. I’m not saying that’s your issue, but it is one difference.

1 Like

I forgot to mention it. I am using HASS in python virtual environment as well, since it is installed by ALL-in-one method.

That’s very interesting. The staffs just replied me that they never produce a light strip whose model is YLDD02YL. I sent the Amazon Link to them and wait for the reply. I also check the overseas version (YLDD02YL) again. I think there is no difference besides YYDD02YL shipped with an adapter.

Well… then someone copied their lightstrip… :slight_smile: Here’s my details:

That’s very strange. I’m sure they’re mistaken.

I saw your conversation with Yeelight Staff in their forums. As @patosullivan mentioned, I believe the person who responded is mistaken.

This is the lightstrip that we purchased from Amazon during Prime Day: https://www.amazon.com/Lightstrip-Changing-Smartphone-Compatible-Lighting/dp/B01LRT0B56

It is even listed with that model number of Yeelight’s product page (scroll to bottom):
https://www.yeelight.com/en_US/product/pitaya

Perhaps YLDD02YL is the model that is exported outside of China via Xiaomi to comply with international regulations and the Yeelight staff that responded is unfamiliar with these exported models.

Just got my Yeelight strip from Amazon today and it is the YLD02YL version. I set it up and had some issues with it at first (it would only turn on or off, I couldn’t change the brightness or the color). After I upgraded the firmware on the light through the Yeelink app the weirdness went away and it functions like a normal RGB bulb.

1 Like