Xiaomi Yeelight LED strip

yes - i have the IP address added to my config yaml - this is how I am able to control on/off

the Brightness slider will work, but only if I move it far left (and strip turns off)

and if it the strip is off and slider is far left, if i move the slider away from far left - the strip will turn on

the brightness of the strip does not go up or down when i slide the brightness left and/or right

The ‘Color Temperature’ slider and colour palette do not work at all

struggling to understand why these bits are not working

Make sure to have the config 100% correct. You can also adjust several parameters for it to respond faster (which fooled me at first being that it didn’t respond quick enough). Also if the wifi is not getting a strong signal, it might delay a bit (or not respond).

(in my lights.yaml file - just make sure your spacing and syntax is correct)

• platform: yeelight
    devices:
    192.168.2.22:
    name: D-Office
    transition: 1000 #(default is 350ms just make sure not to set too low or too high)
    use_music_mode: True #(defaults to False - True will help keep the communications open)
    save_on_change: False #(defaults to True)

thanks for the suggestion dmiddlet2005

my config looks 100% correct and I guess that is why I can turn the device on and off

My issue is that the ‘Color Temperature’ slider and Brightness slider do not work

Do they work for you?

Yes they do. Couple of things to try: 1) in the yeelight app, is the Developer option selected? 2) can you modify the colors and such from the yeelight app?

What does your popup look like on HomeAssistant?

hi dmiddlet2005,

thanks for your suggestions

Yes - in the Yeelight app, the developer mode is enabled and I can change the colour and/or brightness

http://i.imgur.com/kJvmx8W.png

it is v strange that i can’t control the RGB strip as I can control my Yeelight bulbs in HA

I think I understand what you are encountering. I am able to perform all controls from the popup, but not set any settings from the yaml file other than on and off and transition. Maybe I am doing something wrong also. What I am working on is using an led strip to light up RED in the front hallway when the alarm is on. This “should” prevent my family from just running out the front door without turning off the alarm.

What I had to do for that instance was turn on the yeelight, set the color I wanted, then turn it off. It will remember the last color. Would love to get it to flash green for a few seconds when the alarm is turned off. I’ll keep playing with it.

Here is my automation section referring to this action.

• alias: ‘Alarm_Armed_Home’
    trigger:
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.alarmcom
    platform: state
    to: ‘armed_home’
    action:
    service: light.turn_on
    entity_id: light.alarmstatus

• alias: ‘Alarm_Disarmed’
    trigger:
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.alarmcom
    platform: state
    to: ‘disarmed’
    action:
    service: light.turn_off
    entity_id: light.alarmstatus

Hello, my yeelight strip lights work except for the “effect”. If I choose any effect, the light becomes unavailable.

Besides that, I am getting this warning:

2017-08-30 21:07:16 WARNING (Thread-9) [root] Unknown miio device found: ServiceInfo(type='_miio._udp.local.', name='yeelink-light-strip1_miio56728920._miio._udp.local.', address=b'\xx0\xx8\xx1\xx7', port=54321, weight=0, priority=0, server='yeelink-light-strip1_miio56728920.local.', properties={b'mac': b'xxxxxxxxxx', b'epoch': b'1'})

How can this be fixed?

1 Like

Which version of HA are you using?

I am using the latest version: 0.52.1.

I thought the “unknown device” problem was already fixed, apparently not. More info:

I’ve set them using the ip’s. They are working, even they were working before setting up ip’s.

So this is just a matter of unwanted warnings in the log.

To get rid of the error you can manually add the two lines of code to the yeelight.py But as @abmantis wrote it’s safe to ignore the warning.

hi all, not sure if my issue is related to this component and to the fix suggested above:

I have a white yeelight connected to HASS - before updating from 0.50.1, I had the effects dropdown available and had no issues using the toggle button to switch on and off the yeelight.

since updating to 0.52.1, I no longer have the effects option and the only way to switch off the light is to move the brightness slider back to the zero position.

any advice?

Rebooting the raspberry pi and power cycling the light fixed the same problem for me.

1 Like

ah - ok, will try it out.

i’ve rebooted the pi a number of times as thought that there was an issue with the way i’d setup the config.yaml

haven’t cycled the light yet… :wink:

Not sure if it will help but just in case, use the yeelight app to make sure the lights are running the latest firmware.

thanks, checked that too.

they are up-to-date.

when in doubt - reboot… :man_facepalming:

thanks for the help all!

Hi Guys!

I want to swich off my yeelight LED strip with my Xiaomy wireless switch.
Can you help me what is the action? I have the trigger:

- alias: Stairs LED off
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: click
    event_data:
      entity_id: binary_sensor.switch_15xxxxxxxce
      click_type: single

But… I don’t know what is the correct action for Turning off my Yeelight LED strip. Can you help me?

Hi,
Sorry i don’t have yeelight led strip.

But must be something like this:

action:
  - service: light.turn_on
    entity_id: light.gateway_light_f0b4XXXXXX
    data:
      brightness: 255
      rgb_color: [4,26,255]

But to be sure, i recomend you enter to your home assistant options and go to state and see what you see in your yeelight led strip, and change the entity_id of my example by yours

imagen

1 Like