XiaomiGateway3 (AlexITT) - cannot add gateway

Added the component XiaomiGateway3 (AlexITT) via HACS (latest version 2.1.1) while I installed the Xiaomi App on my phone and paired the gateway and all worked. HASS is on latest version Home Assistant 2022.8.7 - Supervisor 2022.08.5 - Operating System 8.5 - Frontend 20220802.0).

Configured the component with email address and password and selected Chinese server as instructed in the video from Alex. Gateway did not show up so I added the Europe server as well and now the gateway shows up and I was able to select in the configuration but in the next step the device / gateway shows up but after hitting submit, nothing happens. The pop up screen remains as is and I can submit forever but nothing happens, see screenshot.

Any ideas?

I can ping the gateway.
Uninstalled component and reinstalled.

Try to use the different telnet command mentioned here:

I tried your suggestion with the Telnet command and the response is “Wrong Mi Home token” although I am using the token displayed under MiCloud devices info.

Maybe you changed region and the token belongs to another. Try to remove the device and add again without changing region?

I did. No changes on the token.
Also changed the IP but component keeps using the old IP. Not even if I remove component, remove device from the app and reinstall everything.

I give up after removing and installing for hours. Better get a Sonoff with some flashing.
Thanks for helping out!