Yale Assure Lock with Yale Connect Kit

what is this Yale Bridge? Are you talking about the August integration which is the one I am using? Yes I do use rechargeable batteries but this is from yesterday, the batteries were fully charged, insane that is already showing 62% when the lock wasn’t used at all because I was out of home most of the day

Thought I’d provide a little of my experience with the Yale smart locks. I migrated to Home Assistance from Hubitat which was a (very) brief layover from leaving SmartThings after Samsung ruined the platform.

I have THREE of the Yale Assure SL (YRD256) with the Z-wave Plus module in them and a purchase date around 2016/2017. This meant when I went to set them up they did not support any Z-wave protocol than Legacy S0, but they worked fine for years. Now that all my other devices are running S2 security, I wanted to update the Z-wave module to the newer 700 series module that supports it. I ordered the modules but when they arrived, they were just the same older Z-wave 300 series chipset.

Now I’m trying to decide if I should sell these and get the new Unity Series or jump to some other brand. One of the reasons I liked the Zale locks was I was renting my house and it was great to be able to add and remove users/codes easily. Unfortunately the awesome software written to do that was for SmartThings, so now I am trying to find another good way to be able to remotely add/remove access and the Unity locks with bluetooth access seems great. Except, I cannot figure out if they will work with Home Assistant. It sounds like maybe they are using the August hardware from their buyout, but it’d be great to get a confirmation from someone on which features (if any) are compatible with Home Assistant.

Oh, and most importantly, can it run WITHOUT Internet/Cloud access? I’m hoping that if the Internet connection is down, that it can still function using the Bluetooth function on the phones or through Bluetooth via the August module.

1 Like

Hey. how did youi go with your research as im interested in the Yale Unity Entrance Lock as well.