Yale Conexis L1 Door Lock

Hi there, I’m new to this forum and just wondering if anyone could give me a little advice.
I have a Yale Conexis L1 door lock, and just recently purchased the z wave module 2 for the lock. I am running home assistant on a Rp3 and got the Z stick gen 5.
I have managed to get the lock working remotely within home assistant, so the lock will lock and unlock perfectly.
My Question is what do i need to add to the configuration.yaml file for it to show up in homekit? When i add the Home assistant bridge into my home kit, my lock wont appear?

Thanks in advice

1 Like

Hi. Unfortunately im not sure how to help you, as im not using home kit, but i was wondering if you could share your locks Device Type and Device ID (you will find those numbers in Zwave configuration, “Node information”.

Not quite sure why you need that information?

Hi @jak123uk
I’ve just installed this lock today and I’m wanting to purchase the same module.
Are you noticing and large battery drain?

Hi @phairplay the module has only been in a couple of days also, but it’s the 2nd gen one which is zwave plus which is better on battery life also linked with the z stick gen5, so I’m hoping battery life is good! Let me know if your trying to link it with HomeKit as I’m stuck lol…

Hi jak123uk
I also have a Conexis L1 module with a zwave module
I’m struggling to be able to use to lock/unlock the door
I have managed to link my usb zwave stick to it, but as I said, can’t seem to be able to figure out to make to talk to HA
my configuration.yaml looks like this:

# Sensors
zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
  network_key: "0x6F, 0x86, 0xC2, 0x44, 0xFA, 0xE6, 0xB8, 0x33, 0xEB, 0x94, 0x87, etc"

Under the Main HA page/ Z-Wave, I’ve tried several things, but no real results so far

Can you guide me through on what I need to do, so I can lock/unlock the door?

Thanks

@jak123uk, I managed to get this into homekit by disabling homekit starting and puting in an automation to only kick it off once the zwave network is ready. Instructions are towards the bottom of this link.

1 Like

any idea how to pair and get this lock to talk to HA(hassio-rpi3)

I pressed the button on the lock three times prior to adding secure node, I hadn’t at the time added a key in the options and configuration files, but it appears to have been added, I have subsequently added a key, but not removed or repressed the button on the lock.
this is the only device in the network and like the OP I am using the same usb stick in the pi3
the lock shows in lovelace but as an unknown item and i cannot control it

any ideas?

node id 3
node name Unknown Node 3
manufacturer name
product name
query stage Complete
is awake true
is ready true
is failed false
is info received true
max baud rate 40000
is zwave plus true
capabilities zwave_plus, routing, beaming, frequent
neighbors 1
sentCnt 19
sentFailed 0
retries 0
receivedCnt 0
receivedDups 0
receivedUnsolicited 0
sentTS 2020-05-27 20:35:36:869
receivedTS2020-05-27 16:53:53:233
lastRequestRTT 1260
averageRequestRTT 1257
lastResponseRTT 0
averageResponseRTT 0
battery level 100
application version Unknown

Hi @dodavies. It has been a long time since I originally set up my lock, however, what does the zWave panel show? For example, I have 3 nodes;

1. My Lock
  2. A Switch
  3. zWave Hub

You may have to try a soft reset and/or heal network…

Thanks for the reply, it’s all sorted and showing up now, I didn’t have the network key

After trying some automations I finally when to the source code from OpenZWave to understand the ‘AlarmTypes’. Here is the complete list:

enum DoorLockEventType
			{
				DoorLockEventType_LockCode = 0x01,
				DoorLockEventType_UnLockCode = 0x02,
				DoorLockEventType_LockButton = 0x03,
				DoorLockEventType_UnLockButton = 0x04,
				DoorLockEventType_LockCodeOOSchedule = 0x05,
				DoorLockEventType_UnLockCodeOOSchedule = 0x06,
				DoorLockEventType_IllegalCode = 0x07,
				DoorLockEventType_LockManual = 0x08,
				DoorLockEventType_UnLockManual = 0x09,
				DoorLockEventType_LockAuto = 0x0A,
				DoorLockEventType_UnLockAuto = 0x0B,
				DoorLockEventType_LockRemoteCode = 0x0C,
				DoorLockEventType_UnLockRemoteCode = 0x0D,
				DoorLockEventType_LockRemote = 0x0E,
				DoorLockEventType_UnLockRemote = 0x0F,
				DoorLockEventType_LockRemoteCodeOOSchedule = 0x10,
				DoorLockEventType_UnLockRemoteCodeOOSchedule = 0x11,
				DoorLockEventType_RemoteIllegalCode = 0x12,
				DoorLockEventType_LockManual2 = 0x13,
				DoorLockEventType_UnlockManual2 = 0x14,
				DoorLockEventType_LockSecured = 0x15,
				DoorLockEventType_LockUnsecured = 0x16,
				DoorLockEventType_UserCodeAdded = 0x17,
				DoorLockEventType_UserCodeDeleted = 0x18,
				DoorLockEventType_AllUserCodesDeleted = 0x19,
				DoorLockEventType_MasterCodeChanged = 0x1A,
				DoorLockEventType_UserCodeChanged = 0x1B,
				DoorLockEventType_LockReset = 0x1C,
				DoorLockEventType_ConfigurationChanged = 0x1D,
				DoorLockEventType_LowBattery = 0x1E,
				DoorLockEventType_NewBattery = 0x1F,
				DoorLockEventType_Max = 0x20
			};

static char const* c_DoorLockEventType[] =
			{ 
				"Locked via Access Code", // 0
				"Unlocked via Access Code", // 1
				"Locked via Lock Button", // 2
				"Unlocked via UnLock Button", // 3
				"Lock Attempt via Out of Schedule Access Code", // 4
				"Unlock Attempt via Out of Schedule Access Code", // 5
				"Illegal Access Code Entered", "Manually Locked", // 6
				"Manually UnLocked", // 7
				"Auto Locked", // 8
				"Auto Unlocked", // 9
				"Locked via Remote Out of Schedule Access Code", // 10
				"Unlocked via Remote Out of Schedule Access Code", // 11
				"Locked via Remote", // 12
				"Unlocked via Remote", // 13 
				"Lock Attempt via Remote Out of Schedule Access Code", // 14
				"Unlock Attempt via Remote Out of Schedule Access Code", // 15
				"Illegal Remote Access Code", // 16
				"Manually Locked (2)", // 17
				"Manually Unlocked (2)", // 18
				"Lock Secured", // 19
				"Lock Unsecured", // 20
				"User Code Added", // 21
				"User Code Deleted", // 22
				"All User Codes Deleted", // 23
				"Master Code Changed", // 24
				"User Code Changed", // 25
				"Lock Reset", // 26
				"Configuration Changed", // 27
				"Low Battery", // 28
				"New Battery Installed", // 29
				"Unknown" // 30
				};
			/* size = 31 entries */

This should make it easier for creating those automations.

Hi guys, I’m new to the world of home assistant but have slowly been migrating away from smartthings.

One of the last devices I have yet to get on home assistant is my conexis lock. I have the an aeotec gen5 USB adapter connected to my Pi and zwave is running and seeing the USB adapter, but when I try to add the secure node and tap the button 3 times on the lock nothing happens and the pair out fails.

I have tried resetting the Yale lock to factory (that was fun :weary:) and my smartthings is completely disconnected.
Any suggestions?

Should join these two threads together.

I gave up on the inconsistency of the zwave module and switched to the Yale Access Module which essentially is August Connect which uses a WiFi bridge located within bluetooth range of the lock. This solution has worked flawlessly and removed the need for any zwave integration.

Maybe a zwave /zigbee to WiFi bridge is a better alternative than a USB stick.

Using a USB stick works flawlessly for me once I understood the configuration.

@msansoni what are the pros of using the yale module? What entities are exposed to Home Assistant?

I did the same. The zwave module for this lock was nothing but a headache. The august/Yale access module has been flawless and works with the Yale keypads.

Sorry to hear you guys are having problems but this hasn’t been my experience at all. I’ve had my lock installed with the zwave module for about 2 years and it’s been rock solid. When I was setting mine up I found the range to be critical. A few feet further away and it would fail to pair. My USB stick is now about 30 feet away from the lock with almost direct line of sight. It was about 35 feet away and pairing would fail a lot. I used a USB extender to get my Aeotic stick literally only about 4 feet closer and suddenly pairing worked first time. It has never dropped off the zwave network since then.

My USB stick is now about 30 feet away from the lock with almost direct line of sight.
My zwave network consists only of the Aeotec stick and this lock, maybe that has something to do with it.

I still like the lock a lot. I’d like it better if it could engage the multipoint lock but i understand why it can’t.

Hi
How does this work with HA?

What intergration is required?

Thanks

Hi, does anyone know how to restrict a card or fob to only be active during certain days / hours? Looking to give a contractor access during the week days.

Hey,

I was looking at this, but where do you place these infos to be able to see later in the Z-Wave config and visa vi as entities and sensors in HA?