Yale Smart Alarm Binary Sensors

Thanks, I just had a check and all the files are there

• README.md
  • init.py
  • binary_sensor.py
  • manifest.json

but I still get the same error

Its not finding your custom_components folder is the most likely cause,

Is it in the same directory as your configuration.yaml?

Does homeassistant have permissions to access it?

Thanks a lot for the help.
custom_components folder is in the config folder which also contains my configuration.yaml.
In that custom_components folder is the yalebinarysensor folder

Do you mean permissions as in file permissions? I assume so but did chmod 777 to the folder and subfolders just to make sure.

Someone mentioned to me before that they had to set the platform to : yalebinarysensor instead of yalebinary, but i have never managed to recreate that issue,

You could try that, but tbh i am out of ideas

2 Likes

A big thx to you mattius for your hard work. It works flawlessly for me now :slight_smile:

I solved the same issue by:

1. Renaming the folder “yalebinary” to “yalebinarysensor” in the “custom_components” folder.
  2. Change the “domain” in the manifest.json from “yalebinary” to “yalebinarysensor”.
  3. Change -platform in the configuration.yaml from “yalebinary” to “yalebinarysensor”.
# Yale sensors
binary_sensor:
  - platform: yalebinarysensor
    username: xxxx
    password: xxxx
    additional_sensors: True
1 Like

Great, that works. Thank you both for all the help.

1 Like

Hello. I would like to congratulate you on making this available for us poor souls cursed with Yale solutions.

I would like to add that this integration is able to detect the smoke alarms from Yale. I am trying to make them work as such in home assistant by using customisation but not so sure that is possible.

I don’t think anyone has come up with a solution for the sensors which don’t have persistent states, the PIRs and Smoke alarms don’t seem to hold their state for long enough to query the api

hi Matt

love your work - any chance we can have hass:door-open and hass:door-closed icons for dc3 please as an option instead of the tick icon. all my other door sensors are like this and this one is the odd one out

thanks

You can do this by just using a template binary sensor

thanks - i will have a go - as i dont now how to code wish me luck lol

Success

template:
  - binary_sensor:
      - name: Shed Door
        state: >
          {{ is_state("binary.sensor_dc3", "open") }}
        icon: >
          {% if is_state("binary_sensor_dc3", "open") %}
            hass:door-open
          {% else %}
            hass:door-closed
          {% endif %}

None of my sensors are showing up, have I missed something? I am not getting any errors but no sensors are showing in unused entities?

Do you have the existing yale alarm control panel integration working?

Are you sure your credentials are right?

1 Like

My apologies. I was just uploading an image showing I was using the same !secret shortcut to each integration and I realised that I was missing “!secret” from the password. It’s all working now :grinning:

1 Like

looks like these additional sensors stopped worked after upgrading to 2021.8.0

i have submitted a feature request to add this as part of the official integration, not sure if this makes any sense. meanwhile please let me know if someone finds an alternative.

if I have official integration enabled and have the below lines in the config file, neither of them works, removing the binary sensor at lease brought the alarm (arm/disarm etc) back

binary_sensor:
    username: !secret email
    password: !secret password

FR: Yale smart alarm additional sensors

Someone has submitted a fix, I will review and approved it tomorrow

In fact it’s good, thanks Darren, code updated in the GitHub repo

Yes it works again

Hi All,

does this still work, when i am trying this, i get the following:

Platform error binary_sensor.yalebinarysensor - cannot import name 'AuthenticationError' from 'yalesmartalarmclient.client' (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/yalesmartalarmclient/client.py)

I have the files in my custom_component folder:
2022-03-02 20_32_23-Studio Code Server – Home Assistant

and this is the config I have in configuration.yml:

binary_sensor:
    username: !secret hlgmail
    password: !secret yale_password

I also have the Yale Smart Living Integration that is working fine.

anybody else seeing this?