Yale Z-Wave Module 2 and USB Z Wave stick?

Are you using the Z-Wave Module 2? Does the Conexis report itself as a sleeping node? That’s the major issue I’m having at the moment we’re commands sent to the lock and not returning an ACK immediately kill the node. Curious if the 2nd generation module changes this…

Hi Jamie - just trying to understand the lock issue. So, the lock tries to engage before the multipoint locks are in place? Strange…

I’m definitely going to get something to use as a range extender to hopefully resolve any z wave issues.

It’s one of the things I noticed about door/lock operation whilst reinstalling and cleaning the thing.

Essentially, when you lift the handle of a multipoint lock door, this extends the additional bolts/hooks out of the door. At the same time, this disengages the deadbolt internally within the door so that it can be locked – in short, you cannot lock a multipoint door if the additional bolts are not extended. I suppose this is a security prevention so that the dock only works for most secure method?

In my situation, the multipoint lock is only engaged when the handle is at the very, very top most of it’s movement, not just when the additional bolts are out.

Lifting the handle most of the way will extend the hooks, but not allow the deadbolt to move. It does trigger the Conexis’ mechanism, but as the deadbolt is locked into place, it’ll make a jamming sound. Lifting the handle to the top of it’s motion, and unlocking the deadbolt will allow the door to lock, finally.

It’s one drawback of the Conexis really – it cannot be locked when the multipoint is not engaged, but the Conexis locks automatically when it is. Z-Wave seems more like an unlocking/monitoring method, if anything.

EDIT: For the record, this is a Yale lockmaster door.

1 Like

Quite a bummer with the multipoint issues! I think I naively expected the Conexis to engage the multipoint before locking by itself. With no alternative solutions available I guess ill learn to live with it.

Currently mine will…
Lock when the handle is lifted (multipoint engaged).
Attempt to lock without multipoint engaged and therefore report a jam.
It does re-lock if unlocked and not opened (multipoint disengaged) after 30 seconds.

The Z-Wave Module 2 reports as ready, I securely added to my pretty large Z-Wave network and I must say its not missed a beat! The feedback is instant.

My dreams of having the doors lock automatically as part of my “Bedtime” script are shot. But as lifting the handle when closing the door is second nature so I guess ill make do with getting feedback of which are still unlocked instead.

What does this mean?

It does re-lock if unlocked and not opened (multipoint disengaged) after 30 seconds.

This seems to indicate it can lock when disengaged? I’m fairly sure I’m misunderstanding your statement? :slight_smile:

Sorry I didn’t explain that very well.

What I meant was, if I pulled the handle up to engage the multipoint and locked the door and then inadvertently unlocked it again by automation or front end as long as the handle is not pulled down and the multipoint is still engaged it will lock itself again after 30 seconds.

^^ Ditto. Mine will auto relock so long as the handle is not depressed after being unlocked.

Also ditto on hopes of locking the door at bedtime – I live in a three story townhouse, so having the door lock automatically would’ve been great. I’m heading down a feedback route myself in that the Sonos speaks a verbal alert, or the lights flash, if the door is unlocked/jammed, etc.

Think ill do the same with a Google broadcast, not the functionality I wanted but it saves me checking every single door before going to bed. Just noticed your location I’m right round the corner!

Feel free to share your yaml chaps… I’m waiting on my door installation date still!

Are you having a new door, or just the Conexis, it’s a toddle to install manually. 30 minutes tops…

A whole new porch, and the door is not there yet.

I have the conexis and I’m eager to get on!

Just put a template together you might find useful.

- service: notify.google_assistant
   data:
       {% for entity in states.group.all_locks.attributes.entity_id if is_state(entity, 'unlocked') %}
       {%- if loop.first and loop.last %}
       {{ states[entity.split('.')[0]][entity.split('.')[1]].name }} is unlocked
       {% elif loop.length == states.group.all_locks.attributes.entity_id|length %}
       {{ "Front and side door are unlocked" if loop.last }}
       {% else %}
       {%- if loop.first %}{% elif loop.last %} & {% else %}, {% endif -%}
       {{ states[entity.split('.')[0]][entity.split('.')[1]].name }}{{ " is unlocked" if loop.last }}
       {%- endif -%}
       {% else %}
       Front and side door are locked
       {% endfor %}

Haven’t been able to get my lock to pair.

Initially I thought that might be because I was too far away. It was showing up but didn’t have a lot of detail (didn’t identify as conexis, wasn’t giving correct locked state)?

Moved my pi closer, no luck. So I thought I’d re-pair. Then I remembered I never set a network key. Now I can’t get it working on zwave at all!!

May I ask how you went about resetting everything? It feels like I might need to do the same, now I’ve set a network key

All up and running. Don’t really know how but it suddenly started working when I removed and re-plugged in my ZWave USB stick!

It’s half 11. I’m going to bed.

Yay.

I didn’t go to bed yet. Thought you might be interested to know that I get good statuses from the device in the app such as just how it was unlocked:

Anyone having problems with battery level? Mines down to 0% (currently still working though) after less than 3 days…

Any tips to get this working?

I have a Z-wave Module 2, and a Z-Wave.Me ZME_UZB1 USB Stick. I have just paired a smart plug seamlessly, and it (the plus) sits <1m from the Yale lock.

Try to pair the lock, and nothing… like it’s not there.

On the lock, in admin mode, I get to select Option 4, and then option 1 (so it’s detecting the z-wave module), but nothing show up in the OZW logs…

What is admin mode on the conexis lock?

You have the lock in the following manual?
https://www.yale.co.uk/Yale/Yale_co_uk/Smart_Living/Conexis/Conexis_Manual_June_2018.pdf

are you referring to the Yale keyfree rather than conexis l1?

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/2743

there is an issue with some modules and battery drain as per this post, its not isolated to smartthings either! I have a aeotec zstick gen 5 and i had the issue. Yale sent me new modules and so far its been better.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/yale-connexis-l1-battery-change/108227/38