Yale Zwave locks

My understanding was that the Z-wave control panel was no longer accessible with newer versions of HA. Is this not the case? How do you access it?

It looks like either HA or ozw has mis-identified my lock. It show the right type (0004) and id (0000), but has classified it under manufacturer Vision. It should be under Assault Abloy (parent company of Yale, z-wave manufacturer id=“0129”).

Is this a open-zwave problem or a HA problem? How can I fix this?

HA only exposes information supplied by OZW and the Z-Wave device. If the information is missing or incorrect, it may be possible to add/modify the XML file to show the correct information. You can check the OZW database to see if your device or a different model is listed. http://www.openzwave.com/device-database You can also ask for the device to be officially added but you will likely need to supply the data. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/openzwave

It must be that OZW mis-identified my lock then. I’ve verified that the type of lock is in the official OZW database, just that it has been mis-identified on my local server.

Where are the OZW files located? Which one would I be looking at to modify?

Everything works good what is type 0 and level 0 that i always keep seeing?

One of the zeros is the master code user. I forget what else rings up as “0”, but you don’t have to account for them with this code.

- platform: template
    sensors:
      yale_lock_status:
        entity_id: lock.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_locked
        value_template: >-
          {% set lock_status = states.lock.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_locked.attributes.lock_status %}
          {% set lock_status = lock_status|replace('user 0', 'Master') %}
          {% set lock_status = lock_status|replace('user 1', 'John') %}
          {% set lock_status = lock_status|replace('user 2', 'Jane') %}
          {% set lock_status = lock_status|replace('user 3', 'Johnny') %}
          {% set lock_status = lock_status|replace('user 4', 'Janette') %}
          {{ lock_status }}
1 Like

Yea it’s strange i noticed i get that if i reset HASS and thats what the device template picks it up as

This is great but do you know how to only show the latest person who unlocked the door ?

This is unfortunately overwritten by " Auto re-lock" after 1 second.

Does anyone have any good automations using the alarm level, type?

I’m thinking

• Send notification when battery low
  • Enable/disable user codes, maybe a boolean I can manually toggle or trigger with automations and conditions
  • Displaying the battery percentage

My repo has some automations you may find useful. Yale Touchscreen Lock:
https://github.com/rrubin0/homeassistant-config/blob/master/packages/locks.yaml

1 Like

Whats the purpose of the node anchors section of your package file? Anywhere I can read up more on this?

Is there a way to force HA to poll the data from the sensor after reboot of HA so that it does not maintain an unknown state after reboot but before first communication received from yale lock?

I am stuck here. I have set up the network key in config.

zwave:
usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
network_key: “0x22, 0x53, 0x02, 0x31, 0x04, 0x05, 0x08, 0x09, 0x09, 0x0X, 0x0S, 0x0D, 0x0D, 0x0E, 0x0F, 0x10”
(NOT MY REAL KEY)

2019-01-06 16:26:08.605 Detail, Expected callbackId was received
2019-01-06 16:26:17.316 Error, Node010, ERROR: Dropping command, expected response not received after 1 attempt(s)
2019-01-06 16:26:17.317 Detail, Node010, Removing current message
2019-01-06 16:26:17.317 Detail, Node010, Notification: Notification - TimeOut

Anyone have any ideas? I tried factory resetting and re syncing via secured node but cannot get this to work?
If I am reading the log correct is it an issue with with network key?
I am able to see it and see the switch but lock/unlock does not work.

I am just realizing my lock is the YRD226NR619 this showing the YRD446?

I was on discord and @freshcoast helped me today. Just in case it helps someone else. The problem was that I installed zwave AFTER I put in the network key. this caused the key to not show up in the .storage/core.config_entries file. I removed the lock - copy and paste the network key into this file - restarted - and re-pared the lock. This worked like a charm! it is fully functional now. Not sure you will see this but thank you very much @freshcoast!

1 Like

Is anyone using Keyfree lock with Zwave S2/Plus module (light blue)?
Im struggling to set it up, some of the advanced config options are working all right, but the nodes does not contain any entities.

Hi Derek
I’m struggling on setting up my Yale lock
Can you elaborate on how should be configured?
I did not understand your last comments
Thanks

Yeah I have the network key set- I did everything as the docs state for a secured node

Basically same issue I have right now