Yale Zwave locks

I don’t know about the stick bucause I tried it and after it didn’t work I got the vera lite, I sold it. The only z-wave device I have is the lock. Most of my things are diy over WiFi with arduinos or sonoff. I have vera and it works, but I really dislike the vera frontend.

Thanks, I tried it a long time ago and after I got the vera I sold the aotec stick.

Is the smart hub still required after pairing with aotech z wave stick?
I take it should work with any yale smart lock models?

Is the samsung’s smartthing frontend better than vera?

the stick is plugged in to my raspberry pi which is also running HA. I never had any hub other than HA and I only have that model but I assume it should work for all models from Yale.

May I know which yale lock model you’re using?
I probably just gonna grab the same one like yours just to be safe

I don’t know jajaja, just bought a vera because i read somewhere that it worked. I think i have the YRD210

This one…

http://amzn.to/2z7bk3j

1 Like

Thanks,
Could I just get this z-wave/zigbee stick instead of aotech since it’s cheaper?

https://www.amazon.com/GoControl-CECOMINOD016164-Linear-HUSBZB-1/dp/B01GJ826F8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1507936903&sr=8-6&keywords=z+wave+stick

Would it work just as fine?

Thanks for this!

I used your code for a Yale YRD210-ZW-605 and added a line for the master code 0.

- platform: template
    sensors:
      template_back_door_status:
          value_template: >-
            {%- if is_state("sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_type", "19") -%}
              {%- if is_state("sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_level", "0") -%}
                Unlocked by Master Code
              {%- elif is_state("sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_level", "1") -%}
                Unlocked by User One
              {%- elif is_state("sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_level", "2") -%}
                Unlocked by User Two
              {%- else -%}
                Unlocked by User {{ sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_level }}
              {%- endif %}
            {%- elif is_state("sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_type", "27") %}
              Auto-Relocked
            {%- elif is_state("sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_type", "21") %}
              Manually Locked
            {%- elif is_state("sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_type", "22") %}
              Manually Unlocked
            {%- elif is_state("sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_type", "161") %}
              Tampered!
            {%- else -%}
              Unknown Level {{ states.sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_level.state }} Type {{ states.sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_type.state }}
            {%- endif %}
          icon_template: >-
            {%- if is_state("sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_type", "19") -%}
              mdi:lock-open-outline
            {%- elif is_state("sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_type", "27") %}
              mdi:lock-outline
            {%- elif is_state("sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_type", "21") %}
              mdi:lock-outline
            {%- elif is_state("sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_type", "22") %}
              mdi:lock-open-outline
            {%- elif is_state("sensor.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_alarm_type", "161") %}
              mdi:alert
            {%- else -%}
              mdi:lock-open
            {%- endif %}
          friendly_name: 'Back Door Status'

In groups.yaml:

back_door:
  name: Back Door
  view: no
  entities:
    - sensor.template_back_door_status          # defined in configuration.yaml to show lock status

dashboard:
  name: Dashboard
  view: yes
  entities:
    - group.back_door

Works great–thanks!!

EDIT: Added icon_template code inline to change the icon based on alarm_type.

2 Likes

Just used your code to get this working! Awesome!

I figured out how to set the user code via set usercode service https://home-assistant.io/components/lock.zwave/

{"node_id":"10","code_slot":"3","usercode":"445566"}

Is there an easier method for doing this?

@ferbulous It has been reported to work. It will report 2 devices and you will need to sort out which is which for your configuration.yaml.

I’m not sure how to change user codes progammatically, but you can change them in the front-end by going to Configuration > Z-Wave > select the node > scroll down to “Node user codes” and set there.

Here’s another way to show the changes made at the lock and it shows the “true” method used to close or open instead of the previous method which shows “manual” for some that were actually keypad presses. The only potential drawback so far I’ve seen with this is that some of the changes are lengthy, so it will wrap lines in the card.

- platform: template
    sensors:
      yale_lock_status:
        entity_id: lock.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_locked
        value_template: >-
          {% set lock_status = states.lock.assa_abloy_unknown_type0004_idaa00_locked.attributes.lock_status %}
          {% set lock_status = lock_status|replace('user 0', 'Master') %}
          {% set lock_status = lock_status|replace('user 1', 'John') %}
          {% set lock_status = lock_status|replace('user 2', 'Jane') %}
          {% set lock_status = lock_status|replace('user 3', 'Johnny') %}
          {% set lock_status = lock_status|replace('user 4', 'Janette') %}
          {{ lock_status }}

Anybody know how to apply this type of approach to the icon customization?

3 Likes

@ferbulous It has been reported to work. It will report 2 devices and you will need to sort out which is which for your configuration.yaml.

Yes, I am using the same combo stick.

@gohassgo @zarthan thanks for confirmation
Also, the z-wave usb stick are not actually universal right?
What I meant was if I have the US version of Aotech/Linear HUSBZB-1 usb I can only pair with us z-wave devices but not the ones from uk or other region?

@ferbulous You are correct. If I remember, there are 12 zwave regions and although some of the wireless bands overlap, you need to make sure you get the correct pairings.

Thanks for clearing that up
@masterkenobi Do you mind sharing snapshot of the yale lock option once added to HA?
What else can we do other than unlock/lock door remotely?
Is there pincode management option available?
I tried searching for any demos of yale lock with HA on youtube, but there’s only videos paired with smarthub like vera/smartthings

What’s the latest update on these locks?

They are on sale at $80 today on daily steals and I’m hoping they will work with HA + z-wave or husbzb stick

This is what you get in Service page after added the lock…

I have added the entities in the fronted…
2017-11-03_103313

This is what I get in the States page

1 Like