Yale Zwave locks

Thanks @masterkenobi, this should really be updated to the wiki
Now I just need figure out how to properly replace the bolt since my door design is a bit different and old bolt is a bit thicker compared to yale’s bolt. It’s the same length so there’s gonna be some gaps after installing it.
Any suggestion for better installation or does yale also provide different bolt size?

That picture makes me think the original lock was replaced long ago, and when they put in the lock that is there now, they used that small bracket to make it look better because of the notch in your door. Take those two screws out and take another pic…

That’s actually the original lock since the house was built
The front door is the only one with the unique design as I would call it
The rest of the house has normal lock on the door

Seems like lots of people are using the YRD210 model locks. Anyone have any luck with one of the newer models without a keyway (linked to one below)? I have regular Kwikset locks on our doors, and would like to install a couple Yale deadbolts, but not have a different key if possible.

or

But won’t the backup 9-volt battery cause a lump under the welcome mat? At least the spare key isn’t so visible. :wink:

Haha, fair point. I wonder if they sell hide-a-9volt fake rocks…

1 Like

Has anyone tried to get the user code to show up in the UI? I’d like to see if I can more easily see and set the user code.

I know I can go to Configuration > Z-Wave Manager > Select Node > Node user codes, but having it on the main tab view would be very convenient.

Maybe @PhilK or @gohassgo have any thoughts?

Are you able to lock/unlock from the hass frontend?

yes. no problem.

quick question : what happens when HAss is ‘down’ and you’re trying to open the lock with the fob, or a key code ?

no problem unlocking the door with key code when HA is down. the lock can function on its own except when the battery power is drained (then you have to use the normal key like the good ol’ days)

1 Like

thank you Master Kenobi ! :+1:

Hey! I have the Yale assure zwave and I’m
Having a ton of issues getting it correctly functioning inside the HASSIO interface … Can someone please walk me through the steps of connecting to a secured node … I can connect it but after the fact I can’t control the lock so I’m assuming I’m missing something

Thanks in advance

you need to add a network_key in order to add a secure node

Running latest version of HA in a pyenv; using an Aeotec Gyn 5 stick. I have a Yale YRD210.

When I connected it with HA using secure node, it does show up, but is not recognized by HA (show’s Vision type). I am able to lock/unlock it, however it does not report its status if it is unlocked manually or with a code.

Reading through this thread, are people having success with the newer Yale locks that include the Z-wave plus module? Unfortunately, the YRD210 is not compatible with this module… Has anyone had success with the older lock, or should I be looking to “upgrade” my lock?

I have Aeotec Gen 5 and it works great with YRD256 lock.
I also tested it with an older model - YRD240, and I haven’t noticed any problems with basic operations.

However, I cannot “get” or “clear” user codes on either of them.
Setting them works fine (but the codes don’t show up in the UI properly).

i have this code in my automations:

• alias: Front Door Lock/Unlock State
    id: ‘1520806821820’
    trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.front_door_lock_alarm_type
    action:
    • service_template: “{%- if ( (trigger.to_state.state == “9”) or\n (trigger.to_state.state
      \ == “22”) or\n (trigger.to_state.state == “25”) )\n-%}\n homeassistant.turn_off\n
      \n{%- else -%}\n homeassistant.turn_on\n{% endif %}\n”
      entity_id: input_boolean.lock_status_frontdoor_boolean

the alarm type changes upon manual open/lock or error code

Having the same issue with getting and clearing user code as well. If I go into zwave config panel and get user code, I can see the slot still have user code even though I deleted it on the lock.

My understanding was that the Z-wave control panel was no longer accessible with newer versions of HA. Is this not the case? How do you access it?

It looks like either HA or ozw has mis-identified my lock. It show the right type (0004) and id (0000), but has classified it under manufacturer Vision. It should be under Assault Abloy (parent company of Yale, z-wave manufacturer id=“0129”).

Is this a open-zwave problem or a HA problem? How can I fix this?