Yamaha_musiccast

Hi!
Does somebody know how to setup more then one device under yamaha_musiccast?
I have one YSP-2700 and one wx-030 but I only can see YSP-2700…
Of course I’ve different IP´s on the devices

My config file looks like:

Media Players

media_player:

• platform: yamaha_musiccast
    host: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

• platform: yamaha_musiccast

Thanx in advance

I habe the same problem, having two wx-10. The log files gives the warning saying that for the second wx-10 the port is already registered.

I found a solution:

Just define a different port for each music cast device:

platform: yamaha_musiccast
port: 5005

platform: yamaha_musiccast
port: 5004

It worked for me :smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Will try that. You just changed in config, nothing on the Yamaha devices?

yes exactly…

i looked up in the component py-file and as far as i understood it tries du find duplicates. Unfortunately two devices on the same port will be interpreted as a duplicate. Looks like a bug for me.

The port entry does not effect the communication with the musiccast device. Tried it today and worked fine.

Thanks s lot!

Hi Noobie - are you able to google TTS to the muciccast devices?

Sorry haven’t tried it…

OK, thanks - I have been trying to get Google TTS to Yamaha MusicCast to work but no luck - will post back if I ever find a solution, fingers crossed.

Great, thanks

wohoooo worked as well for me :slight_smile:

someone a idea how to use google tts now??! Or some local mp3 files? :slight_smile:

I would like to know the TTS as well, also is there a way to rename it? With the older non musiccast amps you could add a name…

Hi. Have you been able to configure your yamaha device to play a specific mp3 file from a specified media server? I’ve gone through the api document, but no sign of this ability.