Yamaha YAS-109

I happened to reset my known_devices.yml troubleshooting something else and all of a sudden I have the same capabilities as you @HA_Rog .

@vulcanjedi that’s odd, for me the first word is cut off and half last word is cut off.

Apologies I’ve not been online and responding. I’ve been moving house and only just getting my HA backup and running.
I’m now running 2021.1.1 on a raspberry Pi 3
System was built using the pre-built raspberry pi image.
Now you have the same functionality as me, is there anything you’d like me to do?

Thats alright, I’m just glad someone is replying haha. Hope the move went smooth!

Were you also able to toggle the yas standby state on/off using media_player.toggle or media_player.turn_on/off through HA?

@fisk. Will give that a try tomorrow and let you know.

1 Like

Tried those commands. Didn’t seem to work for me.

Thanks @HA_Rog for the update. Since the official yamaha sound bar controller app can successfully put the soundbar in and out of standby it must be possible to achieve the same functionality with the home assistant module. Might take me some time, but I’ll dig into the XML and module code and see if I can propose a fix.

Already tried long time ago, the xml is dlna protocol, and it doesnt support turn on or off. The app doing it with protected internal self signed ssl communication. I gave up on trying get the key.
Sorry for joining late :grin:

1 Like

I’m trying to integrate YAS 109 soundbar into HA but if I add

- platform: yamaha
    host: 192.168.0.121

to media player section, nothing happens, no soundabr is detected.

Instead if I use DNLA Digital Media Renderer integration from UI, then HA discovers a new media player called yas_109

but I’ve no source list neither a on/off button.
Why is my media player different from your configuration and it is not discovered as yamaha platform?
HA core is 2021.12.4 in docker, and Yamaha soundbar has software 5.02