Yeelight bulb 1s (YLDP13YL) how to reach full brightness

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem that I was not able to sort. In my home automation I use 1s bulbs from yeelight. I believe this are the most popular lamps around as they are really good price to weigh ration.

BUT - I can’t configure them to be full bright, like I can over yeelight app. Does anyone have a hint what I can do?

I tried integration over homekit nad over yeelight. Same thing. But over yeelight integration they drop off the connection now and then so I keep them over homekit.

Any advice is appreciated! :slight_smile:

name: test
entities:
light.dnevna:
brightness: 255
hs_color:
rgb_color:
xy_color:
friendly_name: dnevna_do_vrata
supported_features: 17
state: ‘on’

Yeelight integration gives more settings and with Yeelight integration I can make lights much brighter than HomeKit integration but Yeelight integration is broken and lamps always disconnect until manual on/off

With Yeelight integration I do this and they are bright like Yeelight app:

color_temp: 250

With HomeKit integration lights always lower brightness

so, in other words, this is not working and yeelights are basically useless with Home Assistant?

Why is this not written as warning on integration part? I would have ordered 10 other lamps if I knew this…

No they are not useless. They are working fine for me and many others although some people experence issues for which I think there is a PR.

Hm. I have no clue how to implement this. I would be happy even if I only managed to implement them stable over yeelight integration. Strangly enough, only 1s haw this problem. I have one “white only” 1s and one older, color2, model - they work ok over yeelight integration.

So what’s the problem?

I have 3 different models of bulb. 5x YLDP13YL which are not working over the integration (they keep falling off and need a power cycle). This is why I have them over homekit integration.

One older model color2 and one non RGB - they are working over yeelight integration.

All 3 models can’t reach full brightness if I setup a scene. The moment the scene is triggered they start with some reduce brightness mode.

So wait for the PR and see it this solves your issue.

Did you try this;

Hi everyone,
I still didn’t manage to get them to full brightness. Can someone be so nice and paste me the whole scene/automation part of yaml where they managed to do it?
Thnx!

To get full brightness for white light on YLDP13YL, add kelvin: 4000 (or any in range 1700-6500), leave brightness: 255 and remove color_temp, hs_color, rgb_color, xy_color params. See this post.

But there will be warning in server log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.light.reproduce_state
Source: components/light/reproduce_state.py:96
Integration: Освещение (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16:12:45 (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:21:17

The use of other attributes than device state attributes is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Invalid attributes are [‘kelvin’]. Read the logs for further details: Scenes - Home Assistant

Nope, still didnt manage. Here is the code for one scene:

id: '160xxxxxxxx'
  name: '!!yeelight_1s_full_brigthenss'
  entities:
    light.dnevna_do_vrata_1s:
      kelvin: 4000
      flowing: false
      friendly_name: dnevna_do_vrata_1s
      supported_features: 63
      state: 'on'