Yeelight bulb errors

I still continue to have these errors about yeelight bulb… They are making the logfile grow too much (actually 4.8Mb).

2018-04-25 18:46:47 ERROR (Thread-19) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Unable to update bulb status: A socket error occurred when sending the command.
2018-04-25 18:46:47 ERROR (Thread-14) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Unable to update bulb status: A socket error occurred when sending the command.
2018-04-25 18:47:15 ERROR (Thread-3) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Unable to update bulb status: A socket error occurred when sending the command.
2018-04-25 18:47:16 ERROR (Thread-14) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Unable to update bulb status: A socket error occurred when sending the command.
2018-04-25 18:47:16 ERROR (Thread-10) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Unable to update bulb status: A socket error occurred when sending the command.
2018-04-25 18:48:11 ERROR (Thread-13) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Unable to update bulb status: Bulb closed the connection.
2018-04-25 18:48:11 ERROR (Thread-9) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Unable to update bulb status: A socket error occurred when sending the command.
2018-04-25 18:48:11 ERROR (Thread-3) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Unable to update bulb status: A socket error occurred when sending the command.
2018-04-25 18:48:11 ERROR (Thread-14) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Unable to update bulb status: A socket error occurred when sending the command.
2018-04-25 18:48:11 ERROR (Thread-10) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Unable to update bulb status: A socket error occurred when sending the command.

How to fix them?

1 Like

Are any of your bulbs showing up as ‘unavailable’ on the front end?

Did you switch from discovery to a manual config?

Randomly they go to unavailable mode for some seconds and thenthey turn to available but in the logfile the errors is still there… I am using discovery mode as the bulbs are in the same network of HA.

Edit: I also noticed that automations with yeelight bulbs work, but in the frontend the light are still off after the automations trigger…

Try switch to a manual config. Use a basic config, no music mode.

I tried some days ago this, but after restart i had for every bulb two entries (maybe i must exclude lights from the discovery option?) and then turned back to discovery mode.

Not sure if you can exclude them from discovery. The docs only mention the sunflower bulb.

Are you using discovery for anything else? Can you just drop discovery?

Hmmm… sincerely i really don’t know what i am using with discovery… I leave it as default since the first days of HA… do you know what can be discovered other than yeelight?

Anything in your config that is showing up that you didn’t manually entered is via discovery.

Yes i am using it for Google Cast and Samsung TV… so maybe i cannot turn it off…

you can hard code those in pretty easily. Search for them on the component page.

I am a fan of manually entering everything though. This also allows you to fine tune the configuration options.

Ok, i’ll take a look but are you sure the errors are depending from that?

The error log gives very little info on the actual error. It seems to be a network issue or a wifi issue.

Music mode has given people issues in the past. It is not clear if it is on or off when discovery is used. See the docs on music mode

The idea is to take options away that could cause the error to trouble shoot. Not knowing your network setup or HA setup in general its really hard to troubleshoot from a few lines of generic error log.

Edit: I am also using what I use and has been rock solid for over a year. The only time my bulbs are unavailable is when someone throws the switch.

My config for reference:
https://github.com/SilvrrGIT/HomeAssistant/blob/master/lights.yaml

Same as before also after manually configuring bulbs:

2018-04-25 21:05:00 ERROR (Thread-12) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Unable to update bulb status: A socket error occurred when sending the command.
2018-04-25 21:05:29 ERROR (Thread-6) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Unable to update bulb status: A socket error occurred when sending the command.
2018-04-25 21:06:00 ERROR (Thread-5) [homeassistant.components.light.yeelight] Unable to update bulb status: A socket error occurred when sending the command.

Are the ones away further from your wifi access point? Any similar attributes with them?

Are they always unavailable or just sometimes? If all the time you set them up into LAN (developer mode on old firmware) right?

No, they are all inside my one-floor apartment not so big…
Randomly unavailable during the day and all have LAN control ON

Just right now…

I’m having this problem too with similarly basic error logs… Any ideas what we can do to resolve?

I have the same problems. :frowning: And I have similar problems with Mi Air Purifiers.

Before they are working for weeks without any problems.

same here, is there a fix to this?

same here, any update ?

Same here. Now running 0.89.2, although it’s been a happening for a while now.