Yeelight Candela Light YLFW01YL

Is there any possibility to connect the Yeelight Candela Light YLFW01YL to home assistant ? It’s BT 4.3 controlled over the officiel yeelight app.
Thanks.

https://github.com/rytilahti/python-yeelightbt is the library for accessing those BT devices from yeelight. I’m currently in process of refactoring it and adding candela support, I expect that it will be ready in a couple of weeks. Then the component requires also an update (I think homeassistant API has changed since the last release).

1 Like

Great news, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have updated the repository now, the library and the tool should work on both candelas and bedside lamps. The homeassistant component may still be broken, I’m not sure about it as I’m not using it currently.

1 Like

when i try to install pyton module there is this message
python-yeelightbt requires Python ‘>=3.4’ but the running Python is 2.7.13

not work install

You must be running an old Home Assistant - Python 2.7x support was removed a fair while ago…

And… where I can found solution?

In the docs;

not work the integration with candela

Some answer?

Is there any option for homeassistant and this lamp?

I’m thinking this add-on is dead right? I tried the forks on github, but they don’t work with Hassio. Seeing as the Github isn’t updated anymore, I think it is not being actively developed.

Is there anyone willing to develop / fully integrate this BLE lamp? I have two of them and willing to fully test. Also willing to donate up to $50 for a fully working custom component. Hopefully others can donate too so it’s worth the time for a developer :slight_smile:

1 Like

The homeassistant part of it is dead, the library and the cli tool should work just fine. If someone wants to work on it, please feel free to do so and create PRs to the repository at https://github.com/rytilahti/python-yeelightbt/ . I’m not personally using these and have no special interest nor time to work on it.

1 Like

Is there any progress on a Yeelight Candela integration ?
Thanks !

1 Like

I just setup this as custom component, and it’s working :slight_smile:
2020-04-18_232103

Do you use hass.io directly or as a docker?

For how long has it been working ?
I managed to install this component as well but unfortunately, after some time (few minutes, few hours at best), the lamp becomes unavailable. The log is filled with a lot of error messages and the CPU usage increases a lot after the disconnection issue.
I am using Home Assistant (ex Hass.io) on a Rpi 3B+

I have hassio on RPi4
@mat44150
This component with Candela light works well for me from yesterday.

Do you have the latest Hass.io version?
Did you follow the updated installation procedure? Was any step missing?
I guess I should give it another try if it works for u.

I have 0.108.5 version. Give it another try… 3 weeks ago there was some commit in yeelight_bt… just put the files in custom_components and add the appropriate code in the configuration. These two steps are enough, you don’t even need to do anything on the host system.