Yeelight is working, but Entity is not created

I’m currently re-configuring my hass instance. I came across an issue which prevents me from completing the configuration.

I’ve successfully configured Yeelight wifi bulbs. The devices appear in the lovelace views and I can add them to cards using the lovelace configuration UI.

However, they don’t appear under Devices or Entities and are thus also not available under Automations or Scenes.
It seems that only entities are created when using an Integration. Yeelight is not part of those ‘integrations’.

Does anyone know how to fix this so I can use my wifi bulb in scenes using the UI?

Config of the yeelight bulbs
yeelight_config

Device is available in entities card (light.bank for instance)

Device is not listed on entities overview (or on devices overview) and thus cannot be used in scenes or automations editor ui

1 Like

I have the very same issue. Two yeelight devices, rgb bulb and the ceiling lamp, both not visible as a devices or entities, cannot create a Scene with them. Basic control works fine. Bumping the thread so maybe someone will give an advise how to fix this.

Same issue here. Single yeelight bulb on Home Assistant 0.103.5. Philips Hue bulb entities work as expected.

Same issue :confused:

See the PR.
You must define the model if it is configured manually and the lights may not be available when starting HA

yeelight:
  devices:
    192.168.1.25:
      name: Living Room
      model: mono1

I have defined model:

# Example configuration.yaml entry
discovery:
  ignore:
    - yeelight
yeelight:
  devices:
    192.168.1.124:
      name: Obývačka
      model: ceiling3
      nightlight_switch_type: light
    192.168.1.191:
      name: Kúpeľňa
    192.168.1.225:
      name: Spálňa
    192.168.1.141:
      name: Kancelária

But in entity list it’s empty:

Why? Thanks

1 Like

Push… Same problem here…

Hello

I’m having pretty much the same. I can for example setup a scene with the entities, but I cannot customize it. Meaning no matter how I configure the bulbs’ brightness, color temp and so on, they always go to a sort of default config. Might it be related to this issue ?

Push… and here. I’m running HA 0.110.1

Exactly same problem.

I’m having the same issue on 2020.12.1. It shows up on the Integration UI, but no entities are created. Both Hass and the bulb have fixed IPs, LAN Control is checked, the bulb’s firmware is on 2.0.6_003 (at the moment, it’s the latest). I’ve tried manually adding them as well, with no luck.

Did anyone have any luck with this? I’m having the exact issue now. HA is not creating an entity.

Help please!

As I mentioned earlier, the issue seemed to have resolved itself on its own and I had the lights working for a few days, but they eventually became unavailable again after 2 days or so. I didn’t change anything and the logs showed nothing, so I have no idea what the issue was. I sort of gave up faffing about with it and just used the yeelight app’s schedules to automate things (for now). Oddly enough, today, they became usable with HA again, so I’m afraid I haven’t got a definitive answer for you because it’s really a mystery to me.

It really would be nice to have this working properly with HA. I don’t mind digging into it and doing some coding, but my wife really would appreciate it if she didn’t have to keep asking me to turn on/off a light for her (as she has the HA app but not yeelight’s).

I think you can use this on Node Red to automate the lights. Back when I was searching for an answer to this question, I tried using that yeelight node with this tutorial just to see if that might do the trick. Even though HA couldn’t find any devices/entities, this seemed to work (somewhat. I couldn’t get the colour wheel or brightness to work). I haven’t yet sunk my teeth into it otherwise, but it’s worth noting - just in case that helps.

Happy New year by the way :wink:

Hi mate

I got a temp solution working that doesn’t involve around the same issue of going on/off that you have.
I configured it via Homekit control integration. Using the code that is printed on the bulb itself.

None of this restarting the lamp issue etc. HOWEVER…you can’t select colour temp and only RGB colours via the GUI. You would need to create a SCENE and then use YAML to remove the RGB aspect of the code. This should in theory override the issue of RGB only being selectable.

Happy New Year to you too!

Same issue. I have 5 lights set up, but my 6th light when added as Integration, somehow does not include the Entity nor Device

Just an update; I’ve been following this issue thread and found this solution which so far seems to be working fine. Apparently LAN control is a bit messy if your firmware is 2.0.6.__0031. The solution proposed by @jellytotz would also work if your intention is to have a basic use of the bulb, but if you want to make use of all the functionality that the integration gives you (custom effects, etc), you’re a bit out of luck. With this custom component workaround, it should work alright.

Hope it helps you guys struggling with this!