Yeelight led ceiling light compatible with HA

But the ceiling lamp is unavailable form the start of HA (the log is when HA is booting), iā€™m not ā€œchangingā€ any parameter of the light.

Please enable the debug log and provide the content of your log. I want to make sure there is not much traffic involved.

Anyone having issues with Yeelight ceiling lamps since the last update (not sure if HA update or Firmware update from a few days back is to blame) :frowning:

Just take a look at my log (it drops from WIFI regularly).

log

Yes, same hereā€¦ after last update it goes ā€˜unavailableā€™ several times a day. It happens also for the bedside wifi after last updateā€¦

Hmmā€¦do you think it was HA update or Yeelight firmware that caused it? I didnā€™t notice it till today unfortunately.

I think itā€™s firmware update as before this i was already using last HASS release and all was working without problems.

Go to the yeelight app and disable and enable again the LAN control and the lamp will be online again.

For me is the HA, not the FW update of the light.

If itā€™s HA, maybe @syssi can take a look if you can send your log :slight_smile:
But I believe for me itā€™s Yeelight firmware, since it started after the update I think.

If it helps Iā€™m getting a ton of these in the log since then: Unable to update bulb status: Bulb closed the connection.
One for each ceiling lamp every 15 mins or so (it matches them going unavailable of course).

The HA component wasnā€™t changed/updated recently. If the issue is HA related itā€™s a very weird bug.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Shouldnā€™t have updated that damn firmware :smiley:

Just coming an update to solve this problemā€¦ read in yeelight forum.
But no news about impossibility to enable LAN control after last firmware update on bedside wifi lamp.

hi, did you add this nice feature to 650 yet?

@syssi
Hi, I have a problem with Yeelight 650. Yesterday was updated to 1.5.9 and since then the lamp is in ā€œunavailableā€ mode. Message info: ā€œFailed to connect to bulb 192.168.31.xxx, yeelight_ceiling4_xxxx: A socket error occurred when sending the commandā€. Is this the Hass.io problem, or is it the fault of the lamp software?
Edit: It was the fault of the firmware. After uploading the new version everything works fine

Can we resurrect this thread? I would like to contribute and add features but Iā€™m a bit lost on how to implement it nicely in HA. I have ceiling1 and ceiling4 lamps here.

Two features Iā€™m interested in:

1. Better night light support, and
  2. Ambient RGB support for the white ceiling lights.

First focus on better night light support: toggle switch on the UI and set/get services for the component. The underlying python-yeelight library doesnā€™t support it directly, and its developer doesnā€™t fancy the idea of adding dedicated setter/getters. We can implement it in HA, itā€™s quite easy.

Where I would need help is how to integrate this nicely into the existing architecture, because thereā€™s no such thing as ATTR_NIGHTLIGHT or similar in homeassistant.components.light ā€¦ Pinging @syssi

I already added a bit of moonlight-awareness to the yeelight.py, see my fork: https://github.com/zoe1337/home-assistant/commit/f710085e9606ad6306f83a31a9dd9bad322cffee#diff-1395165791bf7671502a6e2e7bd7d4cb (havenā€™t submitted a pull request yet)

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have a problem with ** YLXD01YL ** Yeelight Smart LED ceiling light, before the clean installation of hassbian v1.40 worked light without problem. After a clean installation of the hassbian v1.40 component of the yeelight light does not work and prints this error in the log.

Log Details (ERROR)

Error while setting up platform yeelight
Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œ/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.pyā€, line 128, in _async_setup_platform
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
File ā€œ/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.pyā€, line 400, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File ā€œ/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.pyā€, line 293, in result
raise self._exception
File ā€œ/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.pyā€, line 55, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File ā€œ/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/yeelight.pyā€, line 125, in setup_platform
from yeelight.enums import PowerMode
ImportError: cannot import name ā€˜PowerModeā€™

I use Homeassistant version 0.78.1.
My configuration component light in configuration.yaml

light:
  - platform: yeelight
    devices:
      192.168.0.48:
        name: Living room
#        use_music_mode: True #(defaults to False)
#        save_on_change: True #(defaults to True)
        transition: 1000

Thank you for your answer.

I just installed HA, all my ceiling Yeelight lights are recognized by default. One question: it is possible to hide RGB color chooser? This ceiling light is not a RGB light.

I have removed the rgb chooser setting the value supported_feature: 3 on customize.yaml.

Here below my full light customizing

light.yeelight_ceiling_7c49ebb3a1f9:
  friendly_name: Toilet
  supported_features: 3 # default is 63
  icon: mdi:toilet
4 Likes

Wow, it works great. Thank you.