Yeelight Screenbar Support/Issues

Just want to state my interest as well. The lamp is not at all responsive in HA. Actually it is also not really reliable in the yeelight app as well. Yesterday I updated the firmware to the newest firmware, for which I had to delete it in my yeelight ypp (German server) and add it in mi Mi home app (china mainland). The only reliable way to control it, is with the ice hockey puck remote.

so… yeah… I would really appreciate being able to control it from HA as well.

1 Like

I burnt the card but ordered another lamp. the results were satisfactory. I would put the info on my github.
So for my test I put a mini d1. But with the original one it will work.
On the other hand, the remote control does not work. we have to find a solution for that.

You can control the 40 colored leds if you want. My tests were done with Esphome.

interesting link especially for the remote control. this is the simple version of xiaomi without wifi.

https://www.chongdiantou.com/wp/archives/55542.html

4 Likes

Here is some material for the work

@syssi I was inspired by your layout.Hope you don’t mind. Thank you

1 Like

Good job! :slight_smile: I will add a link to my repo.

@dckiller51 Hey there, since I’m new to ESPHome Stuff and since today have only flashed several devices with Tasmota i wanted to ask if there’s a guide on how to flash your custom ESPHome Firmware onto my Yeelight Screenbar Pro? I’m annoyed that it isn’t possible to control the ambient light with Home Assistant yet.

I advise you to wait for 100% compatibility. you will lose functionality with my first version like the remote.

Hello there people,

I saw this thread, tweaking your screen bars and I would like to ask you something important regarding these devices. After some really sh!tty connections with Yeelight app, my screen bar started going crazy, changing on its own lighting, modes, etc.
Is there a way to re-install the firmware and clean its memory, as it seems that the issue is not because of electric malfunctions. This was a gift from my girlfriend, thus it is important to bring it back to life!
Thank you in advance.

-Nick

Hello,

have you plugged in and unplugged 5 times in a row

I also had those issues when the used power supply was not powerful enough. Created very strange effects with the lamp. :slight_smile:

I would also be interested in full ESPhome/HA support for this lamp. The app and the current Yeelight integration support is not working reliably.

Hey guys,

with the latest Screenbar Firmware (2.0.8_0018) the integration with Homeassistant seems to work properly. Took me a lot of tries to update it because it couldn’t finish the update. Finally it worked and it instantly worked in HA as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can confirm this. With the newest firmware, the integration creates two entities <bar name>_bar and <bar name>_bar_ambilight which can be controlled without issues from HA.

1 Like

@dckiller51 I’m thinking about flashing my Screenbar with ESPHome, I don’t mind the loss of the remote. What is the RGB flicker problem mentioned on your Github exactly?

The flicker is mainly during a color transition after that it is stable. Make a backup of your firmware you can go back if needed.

I should receive mine in few days ! Can’t wait :smiley:

The current firmware seems to sometimes fail to control the ambilight and stops accepting commands after reporting a valid command as invalid command.

Dropping the connection and reconnecting seems to work around the issue but does introduce a brief delay when turning the ambilight on/off. Thats a lot better than stopping responding though.

This workaround was implemented in 2021.10.5 in:

Hi, what is the integration name you use?
I have a 2.0.8_0020 newer firmware and:
-yeelight integration fails to find anything (even though I have 2 different yeelight devices), even with host name explicitly set to the screenbar’s;
-miio for yeelink works, but only with the front light.
;(

I am using the default one: Yeelight - Home Assistant

Does it work on the pro version as well? “ Yeelight LED Screen Light Bar Pro”

Hi, I’m having some trouble connecting my light to home assistant. I have the non-pro version (yltd001) on the latest version (2.0.8_0038). Sadly this one is not listed on the home assistant yeelight page. But when I look online it seems like people are able to connect it.

I checked if I was able to ping its IP from my server and I can (I’m using multiple subnets)
Right now I just have tried to configure it with my phone and I am connected with the Mi Home app. It’s connected to internet but I’m unable to connect HA (I tried autodetection and entering the IP)
Do I have to put it in search mode or do anything special to connect it ?

Does anyone has any tip or idea what I could try ?

This was working up until two months ago.
Now, it’s not working and can’t get new connection to setup…