Yeelight Screenbar Support/Issues

Hi,

I am using this Yeelight lamp:

https://xiaomiplanets.com/yeelight-yltd001-a-yltd003-lampy-1/

(funny enough, the lamp is already on sale, but is not listed on the Yeelight website).

If I try to connect it to the Yeelight component, I can see that the component tries to initialize the bulb by sending the get_prop command, but never recognizes the bulb after that.

I tried to query the bulb manually with some weird results:

[kleinhenz@localhost ~]$ telnet 192.168.178.151 55443
Trying 192.168.178.151...
Connected to 192.168.178.151.
Escape character is '^]'.
{"id": 32, "method": "get_prop", "params": ["power", "main_power", "bright", "ct", "rgb", "hue", "sat", "color_mode", "flowing", "bg_power", "bg_lmode", "bg_flowing", "bg_ct", "bg_bright", "bg_hue", "bg_sat", "bg_rgb", "nl_br", "active_mode"]}
{"id":32, "error":{"code":-1, "message":"client quota exceeded"}}

(I removed the config from HA before so there should be no queries from the HA instance on the bulb.)

Other Yeelight lamps respond as documented:

[kleinhenz@localhost ~]$ telnet 192.168.178.133 55443
Trying 192.168.178.133...
Connected to 192.168.178.133.
Escape character is '^]'.
{"id": 32, "method": "get_prop", "params": ["power", "main_power", "bright", "ct", "rgb", "hue", "sat", "color_mode", "flowing", "bg_power", "bg_lmode", "bg_flowing", "bg_ct", "bg_bright", "bg_hue", "bg_sat", "bg_rgb", "nl_br", "active_mode"]}
{"id":32,"result":["off","","100","2702","16754176","39","100","1","0","","","","","","","","","",""]}

This looks like the Screenbar lamp uses a different API or there is something else wrong.

Any ideas? Anyone elase looking at that lamp type?

– Michael

Ok, figured it out. Looks like the factory firmware does not support the api. Upgrading to the latest firmware solved the connection issue. Though it looks like the device is not fully supported as only the front light can be controlled from HA, not the mood light.

Hi Michael, I’m using the same lamp and I just started using Home Assistant so unfortunately I don’t have any answers and tips yet, rather looking for some.

Does your HA also show your screenbar as “always on”? I can switch it on and off with no issues (the mood light seemingly can’t be controlled) but after it gets switched off, HA somehow can’t get that status and in the UI it’s shown as switched on. So if I want to switch the Screenbar on again, I first have to switch that switch off and on again. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah. It looks to me that the settings for the front and back light are mixed up. If I open the one light that is displayed on the UI, I see both white temperature settings as well as color settings. Using the temp settings changes the front light. Changing the colors does not do anything and after setting it a few times, the integration seems to crash. I guess this is some special case with one lamp providing multiple light sources.

Yeah. It looks to me that the settings for the front and back light are mixed up. If I open the one light that is displayed on the UI, I see both white temperature settings as well as color settings. Using the temp settings changes the front light. Changing the colors does not do anything and after setting it a few times, the integration seems to crash. I guess this is some special case with one lamp providing multiple light sources.

Also, yes, I got the same issue with on/off behaviour. I can only guess that this is also because of the “2-in-1” type of lamp.

Hello, Same problem we need a new development. I hope that someone can integrate it.

If someone gives me the instructions I’m ready to update the firmware. The ideal would be to go under ESPHOME. Inside we have an esp8266ex.

1 Like

Just want to state my interest as well. The lamp is not at all responsive in HA. Actually it is also not really reliable in the yeelight app as well. Yesterday I updated the firmware to the newest firmware, for which I had to delete it in my yeelight ypp (German server) and add it in mi Mi home app (china mainland). The only reliable way to control it, is with the ice hockey puck remote.

so… yeah… I would really appreciate being able to control it from HA as well.

1 Like

I burnt the card but ordered another lamp. the results were satisfactory. I would put the info on my github.
So for my test I put a mini d1. But with the original one it will work.
On the other hand, the remote control does not work. we have to find a solution for that.

You can control the 40 colored leds if you want. My tests were done with Esphome.

interesting link especially for the remote control. this is the simple version of xiaomi without wifi.

https://www.chongdiantou.com/wp/archives/55542.html

4 Likes

Here is some material for the work

@syssi I was inspired by your layout.Hope you don’t mind. Thank you

1 Like

Good job! :slight_smile: I will add a link to my repo.

@dckiller51 Hey there, since I’m new to ESPHome Stuff and since today have only flashed several devices with Tasmota i wanted to ask if there’s a guide on how to flash your custom ESPHome Firmware onto my Yeelight Screenbar Pro? I’m annoyed that it isn’t possible to control the ambient light with Home Assistant yet.

I advise you to wait for 100% compatibility. you will lose functionality with my first version like the remote.

Hello there people,

I saw this thread, tweaking your screen bars and I would like to ask you something important regarding these devices. After some really sh!tty connections with Yeelight app, my screen bar started going crazy, changing on its own lighting, modes, etc.
Is there a way to re-install the firmware and clean its memory, as it seems that the issue is not because of electric malfunctions. This was a gift from my girlfriend, thus it is important to bring it back to life!
Thank you in advance.

-Nick

Hello,

have you plugged in and unplugged 5 times in a row

I also had those issues when the used power supply was not powerful enough. Created very strange effects with the lamp. :slight_smile:

I would also be interested in full ESPhome/HA support for this lamp. The app and the current Yeelight integration support is not working reliably.

Hey guys,

with the latest Screenbar Firmware (2.0.8_0018) the integration with Homeassistant seems to work properly. Took me a lot of tries to update it because it couldn’t finish the update. Finally it worked and it instantly worked in HA as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can confirm this. With the newest firmware, the integration creates two entities <bar name>_bar and <bar name>_bar_ambilight which can be controlled without issues from HA.

1 Like

@dckiller51 I’m thinking about flashing my Screenbar with ESPHome, I don’t mind the loss of the remote. What is the RGB flicker problem mentioned on your Github exactly?

The flicker is mainly during a color transition after that it is stable. Make a backup of your firmware you can go back if needed.