Yellow PoE updates / shipping estimates

I ordered Yellow PoE back in March with the original estimated shipping in April
Then estimate moved to May, June, July, August.

And the worst part - there are no updates since February.
I emailed [email protected] almost a month ago and never heard back.

Did anyone got their PoE ordered in March or later?
I’m wondering if it’s time to give up and request a refund.

1 Like

Similarly, in mid-March of this year (2023), I placed a pre-order for Home Assistant Yellow with Crowd Supply, from whom I have purchased multiple times in the past without problems, when shipping was estimated for a few weeks after my payment.

That shipping estimate date has repeatedly been bumped out, without any notification to me of further delay, of why the shipping date changed, or of why the new estimate should be trusted after previous estimates turned out to be inaccurate.

Since then, they’ve become available from Seeed Studio, but I refrained from ordering because it looked like the Crowd Supply order would soon be filled.

Crowd Supply states:

You can check your order status and estimated shipping date from your account page.

To find out if a project’s manufacturing and delivery schedule has changed, check the “Updates” page for the project or contact the creator directly through the “Ask a Question” link near the bottom of the project page.

For more details, see our Shipping policy. If you still have questions, please fill out this form.

I took the “ask a question” action about a week ago, but received no response.

I sent a request directly to Crowd Supply, using the form linked above, seconds ago.

Tanner at Crowd Supply replied via email to me:

We can confirm a huge shipment left our warehouse either yesterday [July 26, 2023] or this morning. You should be getting an email confirmation here within the next 24-48 hours with tracking info!

That’s inspiring, thanks! Please keep posting your updates.
I ordered my on March 26th, so should be pretty close to yours

I received notice today, July 28, 2023, that my Crowd Supply order of one “Yellow Kit with Power-over-Ethernet (CM4 Not Included),” placed March 15 of this year, shipped.

Mine got shipped to.
Got an email from Crowdsupply yesterday
Should be here by Tuesday

My Home Assistant Yellow POE from Crowd Supply was delivered yesterday.

Has anyone that ordered an HA Yellow with CM4 just before they stopped offering them received shipping notice? I ordered back in December, and my shipping date is estimated to be August 31, but I was wondering if anyone has received their shipping notice early.

I also received my HA Yellow PoE just a couple weeks ago. Got it running with a CM4 Lite with 4GB and an nVME SSD.

I had ordered last November 2022 a full HA Yellow with CM4, but canceled it last month for a full refund as the delivery date kept slipping due to the CM4 shortage. My estimated shipping date prior to my cancelation was August 31st. If I had not canceled prior, I’d wait at this point. My understanding is that the backorders of Raspberry Pi CM4’s has been improving. Ordered my HA Yellow PoE in June, when I’d canceled my full kit order, while it changed from July 17th ship date, July 26th was fine.

Worth the wait. I added a ZooZ 800 series LR Z-Wave GPIO board (very inexpensive) and really enjoying the combination of Z-Wave and Zigbee device control all in a single hub.