Yellow VS Green VS something else

Hi,

i have done the pi, i have done the green, i need to restart my whole HA install from hardware up to make it stable. what would you recommend, i found the green easy to use, is there any advantage for the yellow or is there a system you would recommend over any of the above?

thanks ryan

What do you mean by this?

The Green is a very stable platform as long as you have valid config.

As Tom is saying: the Green is a stable platform BUT, one can get any system to be unstable.
There are also quite a lot of users that have a stable HA setup on a RPi but there, a SD card can be the cause of issues.

I’m saying this because I want to emphasize that it’s not the hardware and you might end up with the same issues with a different platform.
Depending on what you have already configured/integrated and if you still have basic control over your place without HA, I would start from scratch and build your system gradually, very slow.
Start with basic functionality, no eyecandy and FYI: HACS (if you’re using it) can be useful but stay with core integrations for some time so you might find out what caused your problems with HA.

You might also be using some unstable component(s), there are many reasons for instability.
Did you restore a backup going from the RPi to the Green?

I assume this means you need to hard reboot the Pi/Green/etc to get HA to stabilize. This strongly implies a problem within HA rather than your hardware (if the same results exist on two entirely different systems). Do your logs tell you anything? Have you tried running Safe Mode? Have you tried disabling as many integrations as you can?

I’ve had similar issues that I’ve lived with due to bugs in the integration but I wanted or needed the integration anyway. For instance, I had one that had a bad memory leak and I just had HA reboot itself weekly to speed it back up again (it got painfully slow) until I worked around the issue and could delete the integration.

sorry to clarify, i set up HA on a green with a sky connect using both thread and zigbee. i understand now its best to split these and run them one two dongles. i am also running a thread network on homepods. for some reason i cant change thread channel on the skysconnect (gives me an error).

there are a few issues some times with the zigbee and thead. what i think was best was to do a hard reset of my system and build it up from the ground up again before i do i just wanted to check if there was any better ways to do so.

in my mind i was going to get two skyconnects and 1 green, one for thread and one for zigbee. i was then also going to restart my apple home. then build up my ecosystem around this.

any tips would be much appreciated.

thank you

ryan