YET another take on an alarm system

Good spot have fixed the title for the next release.

I cant replicate the label issue, what browser you using?

I have removed the open_sensors check. That must have been a hangover from old code apologies. This should resolve everyones code issues. Will upload this evening

1 Like
  1. Good idea, will look to implement

Good catch.

I need to look at the code for this. Hiding the side bar is a bit tricky as polymer which HA uses is sandboxed to a degree

I may attempt implementing optional embedded custom ha statuses, buttons etc in a HAdashboard style way (if I can find the time, work is taking over at the minute)

1 Like

The voice command could be anything you want not just “Disarm House” so for example

‘Ok google, deactivate death star 4765’

A thief wouldn’t know that

will upload a fix tonight

so like this?

script.alarm_arm:
    type: script
    expose: true
    aliases:
      - Arm alarm
      - entity g 33b
 script.alarm_disarm:
    type: script
    expose: true
    aliases:
      - Disarm 4765

How would you use the term DEACTIVATE, with script?

Problem now I have

Ok Google, turn on ARM ALARM
Ok Google, turn on DISARM 4765

how to make it sound more natural?

thank you. I really understand you, cause I havent try tbrasser’s suggestion for same time issue :slight_smile:

The voice shortcuts are in the google assistant settings page.

From there you can add any command you wish to speak.

I’ll upload a screenshot if you cant find it

ahh yes, shortcuts, I forgot, thanks

If I am not mistaken there is a problem with that.

If you call your script

script.alarm_disarm

then in Google Home you can call OK GOOGLE TURN ON ALARM DISARM with/without shortcut and a thief can disarm it.

So you need to name the script with a fancy name, and then use a shortcut easy to remember (and a shortcut to avoid saying turn on)

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue with mine setup too. I thought that I screwed something up.

This is magic. I applaud you for this great project. A little more testing - then I think this can replace my old alarm.

I have a few questions or suggestions for future releases. Maybe this works already, but I haven’t been able to get it to work:

• Possibility to have several codes, typically one for each family member (and to lay the grounds for the a future feature - to track who armed and/or disarmed and perform actions based on that)

• A “super clean view”, typically for a cell phone used as a number pad. A view/panel without weather, clock header, sensors. Basically only the alarm status and a keypad (when needed).

• It seems as you have to have active, real sensors in each group, otherwise it won’t work and generates errors in the log. t would be nice to be able to leave a group empty.

• This makes me wonder what happens if the only sensor in a group disappears, i.e. runs out of battery. Will the whole “alarm function” fail?

Again: Really nice project. Thanks a lot for sharing!

1 Like

I like this idea too

I’m using Chrome on Windows, Android Tablet and Android Phone.

On Windows and the phone it shows the “Disar…” label, on my tablet it says “Off”. Could this stem from browser locale or something? My systems are generally set to German.

Hi there, seems like an awesome job you’ve been doing
After adding the files into my hassio config folder (and unders), adding up the lines in config I ends up with an Alarm link in menu, but it enters a blank screen after a few seconds of trying to load the link.
Followed the thread and and seen som solutions that I’ve tried, but none of them works for me sadly.

my log contains this, that I haven’t seen before trying to add the alarm… running latest Hassio/HA

2018-01-29 23:23:35 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 182, in _step
result = coro.throw(exc)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 60, in async_setup_component
return (yield from task)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 332, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 250, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 245, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 180, in _step
result = coro.send(None)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 159, in _async_setup_component
conf_util.async_process_component_config(hass, config, domain)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/config.py”, line 624, in async_process_component_config
platform = get_platform(domain, p_name)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 104, in get_platform
return get_component(PLATFORM_FORMAT.format(domain, platform))
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 142, in get_component
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/importlib/init.py”, line 126, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 994, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 971, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 955, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 665, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 674, in exec_module
File “”, line 781, in get_code
File “”, line 741, in source_to_code
File “”, line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py”, line 7

^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Got any good ideas of any stupid mistake I’ve done? :slight_smile:

Hey mate,
Did you ever sort out the disarm function via the mqtt panel? I’m currently encountering the same issue.
Thanks.

from setup part, I don’t know what you have done.
But in configuration.yaml you have to put

frontend:
  javascript_version: es5