YET another take on an alarm system

Thank you so much. Test with HA 0.63.2

Sensor has shown according to the setting in alarm.yaml.

custom_element.html, now show “this is a custom test message, add your custom goodies here whether it be live video cams, custom HA buttons/Sensors, rotating image gallery whatever takes your fancy” although I have change to “Camera”

Also, enjoy the beer ^^

Show sensors, cannot change text from custom_element.html

PC clear all browsing history. use default theme. On PC see only the frame of the camera no picture.

HA App on IOS. I can see camera works correctly.

It will be very usefull for people who dont know how to edit de .yaml file, I think that could change the password from front end it is a must, also usefull for design products with commercial purpose.

@Sunonline so it works on the iphone app but not your PC?

Which browser are you using?

Could you post your custom-element code?

pc - google chrome / phone - homassistant app - google chrome.
currently on pc show text Camera and iframe no live picture.
phone show text and live camera correctly.

<div style='text-align: center;'>
    Camera
</div>      
<div align="center">
	<iframe  src="http://cameraip:port/tmpfs/auto.jpg" height="352" width="640"></iframe >
</div>

I’m trying since some days to get the MQTT functionality running but when I uncomment the mqtt part of the alarm.yaml the Alarm Panel at all is not working anymore. I just see a red circle (in Chrome). I have also tried to open the Alarm Panel with Firefox and Internet Explorer but no success. I have already added “frontend: javascript_version: latest” in my configuration.yaml but also no success. I got some errors in the logfile (the logfile entry is very long so I only insert the beginning):
2018-02-18 19:33:36 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201802090] http://192.168.1.xxx:8123/frontend/panels/alarm-
2018-02-18 19:33:36 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201802090]
http://192.168.1.xxx:8123/frontend_latest/panels/ha-panel-hassio-ad7aa

Any ideas what I can do to fix this issue?

I have updated everyting (hass and the alarm) to the newest versions and my setup is awesome! Thank you @gazoscalvertos for everything you did so far!

This is my tablet on my main door. Thanks to you, I now have a fully function alarm system with notifications, alarms, automations etc.

I am using this for more than a month and it is now part of our life. Every night we arm the alarm, and every morning we disarm it. Same goes when we are away. My wife feels a lot safer now, and she also thinks it is easy to use. If she thinks this alarm is easy, then everyone can use it. She fully understands how it works! I made the interface a little easier to read and attractive by removing the unnecessary badge, enlarging the clock and the weather letters. I also exchanged the dark sky component with the openweathermap, as it seems to be more accurate (at least where I live).
Thank you for your effort!

One thing I am trying to figure out is the panic code. How do I implement it in an automation?
How can I use the attribute “panic_mode=ACTIVE” from the alarm sensor?

2 Likes

Seems odd that it works on one and not the other. Does the camera require authentication and could it be the iphone has saved credentials in the browser?

Which MQTT server are you using?

I’m glad it’s working out!

Try an automation along the lines of:

- alias: '[Alarm] Panic Mode'
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    value_template: '{{ state.attributes.panic_mode }}'
    to: 'ACTIVE'
  action:
    service: activate_self_defence_robot

Please test this before using it.

I need to pull together a load of examples such as these into the repo. If only I didn’t need to work for a living :joy:

plus I’m thinking of ditched the badge too as the formatting sucks.

1 Like

Thats how it worked for me:

- action:
  - data:
    service: notify.theX-men
  alias: '[Alarm] Panic Mode'
  condition: []
  id: 'alarmpanicmode'
  trigger:
  - platform: template
    value_template: '{{states.alarm_control_panel.jarvis_alarm_system.attributes.panic_mode=="ACTIVE"}}'

I will test the persistence mode later or tomorrow.
If you need any help, I am willing to contribute in any way I can. Even by just testing anything you like.

1 Like

change from javascript_version: lastest to auto

It’s alright for me although I couldn’t see from pc but I can see from ios app. I also have add this camera to homebridge to see via homekit.

I think the javascript is still somehow needed to be in as long as we use browser.

Thank you very much.

I almost had this working. I had the weather disabled but the clock wasn’t showing. Notifications were working. I realised I needed to add a time sensor for the clock to display and did so. I added a dark sky summary sensor at the same time and I also disabed hiding of the sidebar to assist with testing. Unfortunately when I restarted the alarm tab refused to display. The dark sky summary sensor and time sensor opperated correctly in the default display. I disbled the time and weather sensors in the alarm_panel.yaml. I also re-enabled hiding of the sidebar and then restarted but still can not get the tab to display again. This is the error I receive in Chrome (the firefox error log is enormous in comparison):

http://hassio.local:8123/frontend/panels/alarm-001f97509c39e788542bd2b51deb052d.html:250:34 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'attributes' of undefined 

Ive tried es5, latest, and auto as the javascript version in the frontend but no change. Ive spent hours scouring my settings for errant spaces but can’t for the life of me work out why this is now not displaying. Anyone have any idea?

You need to clear browser cache and history or by ctrl+F5 on your browser if you use pc regarding the alarm tab

For javascript_version: auto is the best solution for now which not only effected the alarm control panel but also other setting involved with javascript (custom ui, etc).

His latest version of alarm control panel didn’t use javascript anymore from what I have read. However, you still need to put javascript_version: auto under frontend platform.

Thanks. I should have mentioned that I did clear my cache and I even tried another browser (that had never opened hassio) and I do currently have the JS version set to auto. All without success.

then you have to show your alarm.yaml so we can help ^^.

Also when you make any change you have to reboot not only clear cache and history of the browser.

Did you try re-download alarm.html

also show us the config of your panel_custom.yaml

Hi, I am a beginner with HA, is it possible to schedule arm home at midnight and disarm in the morning?
I have searched the forum but I didn’t find a solution for this.

Thanks