YET another take on an alarm system

Hi @gazoscalvertos

8 value is from burglar state change. So when the moyion is detected value for sensor.burglar changes from 0 to 8.

Same thing for Fibaro but that does trigger alarm.

Sorry if this doesn’t answer your question. Still new to HA and automation.

Thanks,
RT

Forgot to mention;

override:
  - binary_sensor.motion_sensor_158d0001b1ce64

still seems to be ignored.

Thanks for all your work on this gazoscalvertos.

Hey @gazoscalvertos

Is it possible to have a panic trigger? E.g. enter reverse pin/password to trigger silent alarm which just sends text/notification and disables alarm.

Just a suggestion. It may help when someone is in trouble.

Thanks
RT

I have done a bit more testing and the setting that breaks things is;

perimeter_mode: True

With this set to false the alarm is functional (but perimeter mode can’t be used obviously).

Hi there, I have all installed but for unknowed reason I cant disarm alarm.

I try do it from panel and from group…
any idea?

@Cain turned out to be a silly typo. Perimeter mode should work now.

@rubenzori86 could you try with the latest code I have just uploaded please?

That’s a good idea. I’ll probably implement a second code used for panic situations as a reverse code might wipe out a few peoples codes if they use 1221 or something similar which could be played backwards.

Override mode still needs a little work. I havent fully implemented this yet. Will try and get it done today

What does that top level ‘state’ show as?

Override Feature Implemented into the Custom Panel

Code uploaded.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Done, thanks for the suggestion @thakkar.rahul

(28/12/17) Added a new feature ‘Panic Mode’ this allows you to set a panic code in the alarm.yaml. When using this code to deactivate the alarm, the alarm is deactivated however a special attribute panic_mode is set to ACTIVE. Use this backed with your automations to trigger custom messages to those who can assist.

He, thx for be faster @gazoscalvertos but unfortunetly still not working. i updated your recent changed files

in other way i need to comment this:
#panic_code:

because i get an error
Invalid config for [alarm_control_panel.bwalarm]: [panic_code] is an invalid option for [alarm_control_panel.bwalarm].

have you updated all of your files including bwalarm in the github?

I have tested with and without panic_code and it appears to work, anyone else having issues?

Firstly thank you for putting this together. I just upgrade to the latest one and so far i haven’t seen any issue.

1 Like

I updated this:
.homeassistant/alarm.yaml
.homeassistant/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py
.homeassistant/panels/alarm.yaml

I just updated now again with your recent mods but alarm never disarms.

Same is a problem with this: Service alarm_control_panel/alarm_disarm called.

If y go to developer tools -> states<> and set alarm_control_panel.house to Disarmed, it works…

Any idea?

All good this end, I’m running it without defining panic_code in alarm.yaml and all my previous issues have been fixed with this update :).

1 Like

If I disable alarm with this (in other autoamtion) it works

• service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
    data:
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    code: !secret alarm_code

Not sure if it’s just a typo but did you update the alarm.html? Your above post says alarm.yaml?

Any errors anywhere?

No issues here besides

Timer got out of sync. Resetting 3:21 PM core.py (ERROR)

but I am not sure if its related. Does anyone else see this error?

Thanks for the quick bug squashing!

I used to see this error on my setup (ESXi with an Ubuntu Home Assistant running in a virtual machine) I configured NTP on both host and VM which seemed to resolve it for me.