YET another take on an alarm system

Check the automation indentation around the notification parts.

I had a lot of errors in the automation validations due to missing quotes around the state change automation triggers (from: ‘xxx’ / to ‘yyy’). Seems to be different in your case though.

Thank you very much for such a good alarm system. Nice interface and easy to understand.

From my frontend. The All Sensors page, none of the sensors show up. It will show only when I choose one of the alarm mode.

@gazoscalvertos Need your help mate. I have updated the files (all) and when I restarted the HA, the Alarm it just keeps on waiting to load. I just see the circle as shown below.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I am on HASSIO version 6.0.1

check the frontend: from configuration.yaml

Is it possible to get that panel on hadashboard?

@Sunonline, Thanks. I did check it through SSH as shown below but I have also started the process to check from front-end.

@Darbos

Yes, I think all you need to do is add a line in configuration.yaml and create “panel_custom.yaml” file.

@gazoscalvertos has already explained well in his documentation.

Thanks,
RT

alarm_control_panel: !include alarm.yaml
panel_custom: !include panel_custom.yaml

has to be in configuration.yaml

Hi @Sunonline

I got the below output from validation. I am not sure what’s the issue.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks. I have the custom panel in my config and have the tab on the side in HA. I want that whole tab or “custom panel” to show on my dashboard and cant figure out how to get it. I didnt see it in any documentation…do you happen to have a link? thanks again

Hi @Darbos

I think you may be referring to below.

Thanks,
RT

For HAdashboard Id like to make a tab that looks like the panel in HA. So I would like to have this:

Be a page on my dashboard:

I have a few ipads mounted around the house and it would be cool to have this view on my dashboards. Maybe Im not following, but thanks for helping. Should I create a group and add the group to hadashboard are you saying? thanks

The owner of the post already put the group in his file. I think apart from the custom_panel: and alarm_control_panel:
is from the frontend: part in configuration.yaml.
Can you show us your configuration.yaml
something like this:
frontend:
javascript_version: latest

Let me get back home in the evening (Asia time) and I copy that part from configuration.yaml to show you.

This is frontend: in my configuration.yaml

javascript_version: latest
  extra_html_url:
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-ui-es5.html  
#    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-value_only.html

extra_html_url_es5:
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-ui-es5.html  
#    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-value_only.html

themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes/

Hi @Sunonline

Assuming this not related to my question about not able to load Alarm panel?

Thanks,
RT

1 Like

I found that the lib folder is in www folder and inside the lib folder has 2 files which is javascript. so you might need to put the javascript_version: latest under your frontend: to show things correctly ^^. Hope this will help.

Also after put the frontend: part like what I mentioned don’t forget to stop the home-assistant first, delete the home-assistant db file and start home-assistant again. This will takes a while longer than usual to start home-assistant because this will start load all devices again into db.

Hi @Sunonline

You are a legend. It’s working now. I am not sure which one worked, deleting dB or java line

Thanks a lot.
RT

1 Like

Hiding of Sensors groups @jo-me & @Cain - I’ll enable options for both hiding completely and just minimising the group when touching the header

Overview of Sensors in Groups @Cain - In the settings page I’m developing I can add this as a debug/information page

Alarm Code 0000 bug @rubenzori86 - I’ll check this out

@Sunonline - Do they show in your states page under alarm_control_panel atrributes?

@Darbos - HADashboard looking at their config supports iFrames to display external content in a widget. This could be used http://appdaemon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/DASHBOARD_CREATION.html?highlight=iframe

@thakkar.rahul - I havent yet tested with 6.0.1 will upgrade and check.

Also guys I still have code to upload but it’s not quite ready yet as there are a lot of changes.

Also a few have asked for MQTT support which will be tricky but I’ll see what I can do. In the meantime there is a workaround: https://github.com/gazoscalvertos/Hass-Custom-Alarm/issues/3

1 Like

Yup 0.60.1 works fine

after upgrade 60.01 everything working good. Earlier didn’t show any sensor in All Sensors because I turn them off.

Currently, All Sensors didn’t show only the motion sensor. But show door and windows sensor.
After turn on alarm mode. Everything shows correctly. Doors&windows open and closed. Motion sensor show no motion or motion detected correctly.

I have all the sensors inside HA to get the states of all the sensors. Until I found your alarm system. This is really good to put them all together.

Later I plans to put the keyfob (Arm, Disarm, Home Arm and SOS inside HA as well.