YET another take on an alarm system

@gazoscalvertos i am probably doing something stupid, but I am getting this error

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [alarm_control_panel.bwalarm]: Entity IDs can not be None for dictionary value @ data[‘override’]. Got None. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/alarm_control_panel.bwalarm/

in the UI its says could not setup alarm_control_panel.bwalarm

I think you either have no sensor under the override group in alarm.yaml. This isnt actually fully implemented yet. Just comment out override: for now.

Hi @grikka you should be seeing all sensors listed under your alarm.yaml file.

could you post your alarm.yaml?

I’ll add a sample automation.yaml onto github shortly

@gazoscalvertos here you go: https://github.com/grikka/Home-AssistantConfig/blob/master/alarm.yaml

All defined under alarm.yaml but only seeing things in the ‘homemodeignore’ group for “All Sensors”

Working now permissions thing from when i copied from the zip from GitHub.

Love the Sensor open shake :slight_smile:

Yeah I am seeing the same behaviour, Home Mode shoes the same as Home Away

This looks to be two seperate issues.

Number 1 (@Hefford27) :

In the original code it pulled back thr wrong set of sensors to the UI (alarm would still work as normal). Should be fixed now in new code, will push shortly

Number 2 (@grikka):

What sensors are you using? what is their state values ie ‘on’/‘off’ or ‘On/Off’ or other. The GUI looks for these states ‘on’, ‘open’, ‘detected’, ‘unlocked’. I suspect that capitalisation of states may be an issue but easily fixable.

Ah yes, thats what it would be, doors are the following:

to: Open
1 Like

Cool let me know when its avaliable, i will test :slight_smile:

Uploaded as of 5 minutes ago

@elRadix

It appears the changed_by is set within the code. Will need to dig through this later to clean it up.

In the meantime you can use in your automations:

message: 'ALARM Warning {{ states[states.alarm_control_panel.house.attributes.changed_by.split(".")[0]][ states.alarm_control_panel.house.attributes.changed_by.split(".")[1]].name }}'

Looks good seems to have fixed the issue matey :slight_smile: Thank you once again …

No problemo

Interested in what the Perimeter function is ? would this just be for doors ? as an example ?

Could be any sensor, but I wanted to be able to arm the perimeter doors say when the wife gets in so she has the security of the door sensors but can freely roam the rest of the house.

Ah cool, i have effectively done this with with Home Mode, that secures all the downstairs Windows and Doors, but does not active the motion sensors in the lounge and utility room, would have motion sensors in other places but with a Husky he tends to set them off, so have sensored every window. and used the Motion sensors to use in the bathrooms and toilet lol

Cool idea thou…

Hopefully it will give her a little bit extra piece of mind as the ground/1st floor is armed under our home mode as we have three floors. We are basically using home mode as night time mode.

same here really… i can see its uses :slight_smile:

Panic Mode is cool, but for a work around I have a button on HADashboard…

I am considering changing the Tablet display next to the front door, to use your panel… as its much more informative,

Have you seen this? Custom UI: Tiles

Once I have the alarm panel in a good state I’ll set it up as a custom state card too then hopefully we can combine with the above and basically replace HAdash.

1 Like