YET another take on an alarm system

Is this automation correct? I copy paste from your automation.yaml, but is not working

‘ALARM Warning {{ states[states.alarm_control_panel.house.attributes.changed_by.split(".")[0]][ states.alarm_control_panel.house.attributes.changed_by.split(".")[1]].name }}’

this is mine "ALARM TRIGGERED!!! {{ states[states.alarm_control_panel.house.attributes.changed_by.split(\".\")[0]][ states.alarm_control_panel.house.attributes.changed_by.split(\".\")[1]].name }}"

I receive this

Error rendering template: TemplateSyntaxError: unexpected char ‘\’ at 120

this is the original from github

action:

• service: notify.pushbullet
    data:
    message: ‘ALARM Warning {{ states[states.alarm_control_panel.house.attributes.changed_by.split(".")[0]][ states.alarm_control_panel.house.attributes.changed_by.split(".")[1]].name }}’
    target: email/[email protected]

hi you can do this two ways…

1.) Input Boolean to kick off and End an Automation to trigger you siren. and present that as a button on HADashboard

2.) I have built my own Sirens that I can trigger by using the Switch function to switch the siren off and on.

I ordered a Zipato Keypad and planned to use it with HASS custom alarm in the next weeks… So I’ll get back here to tell you if it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

I seem to be having the same issue as a few people, in that the alarm will not disarm using the normal code. I can only disarm using the panic code. I have tried retyping with/without quotes in alarm.yaml or in secrets.yaml.

This is the error I get in the logs:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1010, in _event_to_service_call
yield from service_handler.func(service_call)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/alarm_control_panel/init.py”, line 140, in async_alarm_service_handler
yield from getattr(alarm, method)(code)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 332, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 250, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 245, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py”, line 381, in alarm_disarm
if not self._validate_code(code, STATE_ALARM_DISARMED):
File “/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py”, line 487, in _validate_code
self.check_open_sensors()
File “/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py”, line 364, in check_open_sensors
if self._hass.states.get(sensor).state in self._supported_statuses_on:
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘state’

Cheers,

Dan

Yes it will re-arm.

The ‘alarm: automation.alarm_triggered’ will stay triggered for the seconds defined in your ‘trigger_time’

What state does your motion sensor show is it one of the supported ones?

1. Good idea, will implement
  2. I’m planning on making the sensor groups optional and collapsible. I like the idea of the camera usage I feel theres probably ‘other’ things that could be usable in this space HADash style buttons perhaps??
  3. Update the #codepanel css style to:

#codepanel {
overflow: hidden;
font-size: -webkit-xxx-large;
}

And yes clean up of the css/html is on the cards. The python cleanup is just about done

Nice setup by the way!

1 Like

Good spot have fixed the title for the next release.

I cant replicate the label issue, what browser you using?

I have removed the open_sensors check. That must have been a hangover from old code apologies. This should resolve everyones code issues. Will upload this evening

1 Like
  1. Good idea, will look to implement

Good catch.

I need to look at the code for this. Hiding the side bar is a bit tricky as polymer which HA uses is sandboxed to a degree

I may attempt implementing optional embedded custom ha statuses, buttons etc in a HAdashboard style way (if I can find the time, work is taking over at the minute)

1 Like

The voice command could be anything you want not just “Disarm House” so for example

‘Ok google, deactivate death star 4765’

A thief wouldn’t know that

will upload a fix tonight

so like this?

script.alarm_arm:
    type: script
    expose: true
    aliases:
      - Arm alarm
      - entity g 33b
 script.alarm_disarm:
    type: script
    expose: true
    aliases:
      - Disarm 4765

How would you use the term DEACTIVATE, with script?

Problem now I have

Ok Google, turn on ARM ALARM
Ok Google, turn on DISARM 4765

how to make it sound more natural?

thank you. I really understand you, cause I havent try tbrasser’s suggestion for same time issue :slight_smile:

The voice shortcuts are in the google assistant settings page.

From there you can add any command you wish to speak.

I’ll upload a screenshot if you cant find it